March 4th Primaries

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
You really think she was actively involved in that? I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt she wasn't. Actually, I would say it's a very safe bet she knew about it and it came from her campaign.

why were you turned away?

I honestly don't know. When I gave them my ID I was told that they had to call someone to see if I could vote. Next thing you know they said I had to sign a paper and that at best I could vote with a provisional ballot but it wouldn't count for anything so I just left.

Let the spin begin:

MSNBC TV is reporting that the Clinton campaign is holding an "emergency conference call" due to "irregularities", "intimidation" and "people obtaining caucus material illegally"

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
Clinton with just 43% of the vote in TX Early Voting, still has more votes than all TX Republican early voting combined.

In all fairness, the GOP isn't even really having an election anymore. McCain won long ago, the Dems are still battling it out.

But the Dems have had way bigger turnout this primary, even when the nomination was still up for grabs.

A Huckabee senior aide tells NBC/National Journal that Mike Huckabee tonight will congratulate John McCain and will be in touch with the McCain campaign tomorrow from Little Rock to coordinate a concession.

"The handwriting is on the wall," the aide said, and indicated that was the plan whether or not McCain officially reaches 1,191 delegates tonight.

The aide said that Huckabee wants to have contact with McCain tomorrow in Little Rock before deciding what next to do.

Meanwhile, CNN‘s Bash reports McCain aides have “something fun up their sleeves for tomorrow.” She adds there are plans in place for Pres. Bush to formally endorse McCain tomorrow if he gets enough delegates tonight. Bash: “This would be the blessing of all blessings." She notes McCain will likely go to the WH for the endorsement.

And Dem strategist/HRC supporter Begala, on reports that Bush will endorse McCain: “There’s nothing I want to see more than John Sidney McCain and George Walker Bush standing next to each other.”

National Journal talks about the McCain side.

I'm convinced it's completely impossible for a Democrat to be in an election and not hear tons of complaining supposed voter irregularities. It's just funny when it's two Dems and they are both accusing each other of fraud.

USA! USA!

Sure enough, as Rex mentioned, the vote totals from OH are very, very small (less than 12k total released). So those numbers are pretty much useless at this point.

Almost a million in for Texas, Obama still a decent lead, though dropping a bit to 90,000.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
Also, none of the major metros (San Antonio, Houston, Austin, DFW) have reported anything yet (per CNN). Those are Obama-favored areas.

Barely anything other than early voting has been counted yet.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Actually, my understanding is that absentee isn't in those numbers yet. Did you hear differently?

A number of readers have asked about something seemingly screwy about the Texas numbers. There are roughly 1% of precincts reporting. And yet there are about 800,000 votes cast. Now, we know Texas is an awfully big state. But did 80 million Texans really show up today? Well, no. Here's the answer. These are the early votes, the ones that weren't cast today. And the percentage of returns are precincts reporting, not votes. And my understanding is that in each county all the early votes count as one precinct. I'm not 100% sure I've got the precise details right here. But I'm pretty sure the issue here is early vote
Yes