Sox-Rox 3/5 Game Thread

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
Swish leaves 'em loaded. A hit (Richar), 2 walks (Dye & Anderson) and error (AJ) lead to a run - Fields some sort of sacrifice to get the run.

1-0 Sox B2

Sac Fly. BTW, MB no longer perfect.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
anyone else watching the twins yankees game on ESPN?

They've discussed virtually every team in the league - even the royals at some length, except for one.

Which team did they skip?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Alexei keeps playing like this, how does he not make this team?? Also anyone think its possible that J Bourgeois makes this squad as well?

I don't see how Alexi doesn't make the team....and start at 2nd base. Especially if you can unload Uribe. I think he can contribute a lot like Asdrubal Cabrera does with the Tribe. Play 2nd and SS for them. He will probably hit less HR and play worse defense than Cabrera but is a cheaper and better version than Uribe.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
i dont remember this spring in the Sox step last spring training, i really dont

You can't remember it, because it wasn't there. They definitely appear to think they have a lot to prove. Which they do.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 05:29 PM)
Does Alexi have any speed??

He had a stand-up triple the other day and he scored from 1st later in the same game....made both look effortless. He's long and has big strides. Don't know much about stealing ability though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
Does Uribe pass up seconds?

No. But yes Alexi has speed. He had a stand up triple the other day without even an attempt of a throw. He would of had an inside the park HR if Gathright was slower or bobbled the ball.

SoxFan1 beat me to it. But yeah, not sure on his base stealing abilities.

Edited by BFirebird

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
i dont remember this spring in the Sox step last spring training, i really dont

I remember the Sox being awful last spring training. The Rockies just beat the crap out of us last year.