TEX vs CWS on 3/6/08, at T.E.P.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Swisher CF; Cabrera SS; Thome DH; Konerko, 1B; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Anderson, LF; Uribe, 2B; Phillips, C. Floyd was supposed to start but was scratched this morning due to flu-like symptoms. Charlie Haeger and Tomo Ohka will take up his innings.

Its sort of odd... Phillips and Ryan Smith are getting some good playing time at catcher. Lucy and Armstrong are the ones I thought would get that time, since if Hall is not viable, they would seem to be the frontrunners. Phillips was a strange pickup anyway, and Smith is just not someone that has been mentioned as any future prospect. I wonder what the reasoning there is.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Its sort of odd... Phillips and Ryan Smith are getting some good playing time at catcher. Lucy and Armstrong are the ones I thought would get that time, since if Hall is not viable, they would seem to be the frontrunners. Phillips was a strange pickup anyway, and Smith is just not someone that has been mentioned as any future prospect. I wonder what the reasoning there is.

Pierzynski is facing Garland tomorrow, and they had a B game this morning, so maybe Lucy and/or Armstrong caught already today.

With Quintin and Owens hurt Anderson is really getting an opportuntiy to improve his status within the organization. I still get the feeling he starts in CF and Swisher in LF and Bourgoise (sp?) and Ramirez are your backup outfielders as Ramirez is doing nothing to prove he needs to be sent down and both of these guys add speed and can play vital positions.

Edited by Jenks Heat

It's gotta be tough for a knuckleball pitcher to try and earn his way onto a roster pitching in the dry air of Arizona.

No easier pitch to smack the crap out of than a knuckleball that doesn't knuckle.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
McDougal will be given a shot to come north regardless of his spring. I think Wasserman will really have to outpitch Massett to make the team.

Uribe is really getting close to a DFA.

I think you could package Juan and Joe to SF. But now it's sounding like Crede may not get moved so soon...