The Official 2007-08 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
Brohm is really dropping.

I'm not sure I see a team before Chicago/Detroit that might take him. Atlanta and Baltimore already drafted them, maybe S.F. depending on how they feel about Smith, NOLA has Brees, The Bills have Edwards, the Broncos have Cutler, Philly drafted 1 in the 2nd last year.

f*** this draft, we have Driver, Jones and Jennings, are future is set, don't need a wide receiver. Stupid pick, shouldve took Sweed if anyone.

Just bugs me that WR isnt a weakness and we take one.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
f*** this draft, we have Driver, Jones and Jennings, are future is set, don't need a wide receiver. Stupid pick, shouldve took Sweed if anyone.

Well...and this is being serious...Driver's good, but I wouldn't call him the "future".

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)

Didn't make sense to me either.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)

Did you really think they were going to grab someone who is going to make an immediate impact right away for next year? This is a 13 win team that has very few holes and went with the player that they felt was the best on their board at this point.

Ted Thompson may seem a bit crazy. However, he has turned the team around in a short amount of time. I wouldn't get too upset about the pick.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Well...and this is being serious...Driver's good, but I wouldn't call him the "future".

True, just not my first choice, I would have much rather had them take Fred Davis. Or the best available in Sweed.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
Did you really think they were going to grab someone who is going to make an immediate impact right away for next year? This is a 13 win team that has very few holes and went with the player that they felt was the best on their board at this point.

Ted Thompson may seem a bit crazy. However, he has turned the team around in a short amount of time. I wouldn't get too upset about the pick.

No I didn't think whomever they drafted would make an immediate impact but this Neilsen guy is gonna be buried on the depth for next year, a pick such as Fred Davis makes more sense and he could possibly start over Donald Lee.

Still have two more 2nd rounders so I'll have to wait and see, I'd expect a cb/te/rb/qb.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
No I didn't think whomever they drafted would make an immediate impact but this Neilsen guy is gonna be buried on the depth for next year, a pick such as Fred Davis makes more sense and he could possibly start over Donald Lee.

Still have two more 2nd rounders so I'll have to wait and see, I'd expect a cb/te/rb/qb.

I like Davis as well. However, I don't think he is good enough right now to start over Lee. If they did grab Davis though it would be nice to see some 2 TE sets with Lee and Davis that would really give defenses trouble.