New Baseball Jersey Alert - 2008

knightni

The Milwaukee Cerveceros

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/pres...sp&c_id=mil

Cerveceros Day and nesting doll giveaway highlight final July homestand

MILWAUKEE -- On Monday, the Milwaukee Brewers will open a six-game, seven-day homestand which includes visits by two National League Central rivals. Highlighting the homestand is "Cerveceros Day" on Saturday, July 29 and an all-fan, Brewers Infield Nesting Doll giveaway on Sunday, July 30.

On Saturday, July 29, the Brewers will celebrate "Cerveceros Day" at Miller Park. The Brewers will pay tribute to Hispanic baseball by wearing uniforms that read "Cerveceros" ("Brewers" in Spanish) across the chest. Brewers great Teddy Higuera and Milwaukee Braves legend Felix Mantilla will be honored by the Brewers and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in a pre-game ceremony. Throughout the ballpark, there will be mariachi bands, bilingual announcements and a number of surprises fans won't want to miss. In addition, the first 15,000 fans age 17-and-older will receive a "Cerveceros" cap, courtesy of Culver's.

fjl9coxv1_1.jpg

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
The Brewers have worn the Cerveceros jerseys before.

I know they wore them last year, I'm not sure if they wore them before that.

I like it, I think it's a cool thing. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Medias Blancas" jersey once in a while.

They wore them two years ago on Cinco de Mayo. They debuted the Chorizo sausage, and MLB told them they couldn't have an unapproved mascot.

Chorizo was approved as an official mascot about 10 months later

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
The Brewers have worn the Cerveceros jerseys before.

I know they wore them last year, I'm not sure if they wore them before that.

I like it, I think it's a cool thing. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Medias Blancas" jersey once in a while.

It would just say "Medias" on the right side instead of "Sox".

yep went to the gmae last year, it was also Chorizo bobblehead give-away day. :headbang

I think theyve been doing this for several years, I think this might be the 4th consecutive?? They even auction off the player worn jerseys on the website after the game has been played.

Those throw-backs are definitely new though, hopefully they don't replace the Blue and Yellow ones theyve revived over the past few seasons though.... that MB baseball glove logo rules!!!

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
yep went to the gmae last year, it was also Chorizo bobblehead give-away day. :headbang

I think theyve been doing this for several years, I think this might be the 4th consecutive?? They even auction off the player worn jerseys on the website after the game has been played.

Those throw-backs are definitely new though, hopefully they don't replace the Blue and Yellow ones theyve revived over the past few seasons though.... that MB baseball glove logo rules!!!

The MB glove logo uniforms are their Retro Sunday uni's.

They are quite awesome.