Trib article today

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevinM @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
If this is a swipe at me, I don't get it. I was backing you up. The Crede minion is running in circles.

And I stand by that statement. We are going nowhere.

It was a joke. Hence the green.

I don't agree that we are the worst org out there. However, I think our minor leagues need a refresh to say the least.

Edited by southsideirish71

It was a joke. Hence the green.

I don't agree that we are the worst org out there. However, I think our minor leagues need a refresh to say the least.

Fields will start in AAA, that will solve part of the problem

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Just because Crede doesn't have any GG's doesn't make it right. It doesn't really matter because he wouldn't be able to get the GG on over his World Series ring anyway.

Timo Perez has that problem too, he's so good

Richar is going to start the season down in triple-a i think we all know that. But i am shocked to hear that Anderson might make the team over Quentin. Im guessing its because of his health... Watching the game yesterday, when Hawk was interviewing Cora during the game its almost as if Ozzie and Joey have already made a decision on the

Starting 9:

Owens CF

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Swisher LF

Pierzynski C

Crede/Fields 3b

Uribe 2b

Bench: Hall, Ramirez, Ozuna, Anderson (only if Quentin is NOT 100%)

I can see the 2008 opening day lineup now...

1. Swisher, LF

2. Cabrera, SS

3. Thome, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dye, RF

6. Pierzynski, C

7. Crede, 3B

8. Uribe, 2B

9. Anderson, CF

I've been saying it for a while, KW has no idea what he's doing.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Fields can work out those kinks in AAA, while Crede wins GG's and SS awards. Face it Crede is starting and Fields will be in AAA come opening day.

Pretty sure there's no way you're serious. You'd have to do literally 1 minute of research on Google to find Crede's stats, which just. aren't. that. good. Unless you have, in which case, please elaborate on your theory as to how Crede, with his robust .259/.305/.446 (a stellar 92 OPS+!) career offensive numbers, 0 Gold Gloves, and back injury is worth signing to a long term, expensive contract.

And by your logic, no one would ever trade or not sign a mediocre player, because a rookie *might* not work out. Wow... an entire team of Royce Claytons. What a splendid idea!

You also continually refuse to accept that the White Sox don't deal with Boras clients, and that Boras clients tend to seek free agency. There's historical precedence here, you know. It's not made up. Sorry, but the opinion of one person on a message board doesn't override years of evidence.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
No need, I bet Crede would rather retire then put on another teams uniform. Crede is something else.

I'm going in assuming I'm going to be here in Chicago and whatever happens after that, happens ... I just want to play baseball. It's the game I love and what I want to do for a living, and I'm just happy to have a uniform and be able to do this every day. I can't control it, so why worry about it? I'm not worried about the weather tomorrow. I can't control that.

Yep, sounds like it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
Why in the hell was Quentin acquired this off-season. This organization is in NO PLACE to be dealing top end prospects for "project" type players in Quentin, which at this point he is, being behind Owens and now Anderson????

I agree it was a bad decision to get Quentin and make his shoulder continue to hurt into spring training. A smarter decision would have been to make his shoulder stop hurting before spring training started. I don't know why they did it that way.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Well, I still have no problem with the Quentin trade- I honestly believe he will be a hell of a player for us in time. But I just don't see Richar as being anything other than a utility player. He has nice plate discipline, which is good for us, but I don't see him ever hitting enough.

I agree with the first part regarding Quentin. I don't understand the second part. You don't think Richar will hit enough, but Uribe will?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
Just to throw a log on this fire... Crede is hitting .095 this spring. Its probably the long absence from seeing live pitching, more than anything else. But its not helping his trade value probably.

Fields is hitting .105. Maybe they should just piss everyone off and get rid of both of them.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
He was playing for a contract last year. How did that work out.

Not really. If he hit .300 with 30 homers, he would of been paid $5 million this year. If he does it this season, some moron will give him a boatload of dough for several years.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Not really. If he hit .300 with 30 homers, he would of been paid $5 million this year. If he does it this season, some moron will give him a boatload of dough for several years.

If he hits .300 with his all or nothing tazmanian devil swing I will be shocked. He will suck for most of the year, and then turn it on in September like he always does. It amazing how you think everyone sucks yet Uribe who pretty much has been a worthless hitter with a glove is magic to you.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
If he hits .300 with his all or nothing tazmanian devil swing I will be shocked. He will suck for most of the year, and then turn it on in September like he always does. It amazing how you think everyone sucks yet Uribe who pretty much has been a worthless hitter with a glove is magic to you.

I like his talent, and while frustrated with his offensive results don't get carried away like others. Uribe's post ASB OPS was higher than Orlando Cabrera's. As inconsistent as Uribe is, his numbers at the end of the year are about as consistent as anybody's. Weak all around except for homers and rbis. I'm the negative guy, but I've also stuck up for several others including the closest thing to a HOFer on the current roster, Jim Thome who if you read this board, lost his power last year, and getting on at a .400 clip isn't good enough. As for the Sox line-up, I like AJ, I like Konerko, I like Crede, I'm not as high on Fields. Swisher is good. Dye is decent but probably not worth the money at this stage, I don't like Owens. I hate Floyd. I think Danks is going to take time. I've stuck up for Contreras since he was acquired. I'm not a Vazquez guy, but he was good last year. I don't think Jenks will have a long career, but he's effective. I think KW has made a lot of mistakes. The biggest since winning was identifying what it really was that won. It wasn't "Ozzie ball", the team hit 200 homers in 2005, and when they hit their 200th in 2006 they had scored the same amount of runs,it was pitching, and while he added Vazquez he made the bullpen, which is now more important than ever, the team's biggest weakness. He had to spend this year to fix it, hopefully it works. Linebrink wouldn't have been my first choice but it was something he had to because of his past decisions.

Just a few thoughts on the situation;

1 - I hope the Sox certainly did their research on Quentin's shoulder. At the time of the trade, I remembered hearing they did, but it's not promising to see him being held out etc. ATM. I think he'll start the season on the DL with BA as the 4th OF (unless he shows that he's healthy, then BA is dealt).

2 - Uribe starting at 2B, will frustrate me greatly. Another season of .220 hitting with over 100K's coming up, if he starts every game. Luckily, I think once Richar can actually show he's healthy, he'll be back starting, well at least that's what I'm hoping. Just annoying that you know 2 guys in Quentin and Richar, if healthy will produce decent to good numbers, and neither looks like starting at this point.

3 - And Dick, yes Uribe has a lot of talent. And that's why he annoys me so much with the numbers he puts up. He is capable of producing like Miggy Tejada did in his prime seasons in Oakland. Instead, now he's lost his SS job, and he really should be a bench player. Doesn't deserve another opportunity to start, because he's not going to make the most of it. He doesn't change his swing, and last season was once of his worst defensively.

I truly and honestly don't know if I can take another season watching Juan Uribe at the plate. The guy is beyond horrid. He has no business being a major league starter, none at all. It frustrates me more than hell that he has a chance to crack the starting lineup.

This organization is such a joke right now. World Series to a complete mess in under 3 years. Good job Kenny!

Edited by TitoMB345

I actually think right now, the Sox should have made more of an effort to re-sign Iguchi.

What's he on, only a 1 year deal with the Pads? The Sox could of had him platoon with Richar at 2B, because I would much rather him than Uribe.

I just can't stand the thought of KW acquiring these type of players in Swisher etc. to fix your OBP, and then you are going to hand your 2B job to Juan Uribe, who's not capable of putting up a .300 OBP down the bottom of your order.

Is his plus defense (RZR of .897 last season, well down from the usual), really going to be worth that much at 2B?