Alexei Ramirez

Heads22

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
haha he looks like tim duncan in that picture

Little Tim Duncan...like if we could go back 20 years and see Tim Duncan, that's what he would look like, except he probably wouldn't have on a Sox hat or jersey

I don't care what he looks like, he actually has a good approach to the plate and puts good swings on the ball... most importantly, he hits the ball where it's pitched. It's so refreshing to someone actually go with an outside pitch and take it oppo rather then seeing them pull it.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
I don't care what he looks like, he actually has a good approach to the plate and puts good swings on the ball... most importantly, he hits the ball where it's pitched. It's so refreshing to someone actually go with an outside pitch and take it oppo rather then seeing them pull it.

It kind of irritates me that the organization is saying "hey lets win this year," despite plenty of reason to NOT have that approach. And then, in the face of that, they seem pretty against giving a shot to this guy, who could be feast or famine.

I mean, it's not like Juan Uribe is going to have some breakout year at 2b. Give Ramirez a try and Uribe will always be there.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
It kind of irritates me that the organization is saying "hey lets win this year," despite plenty of reason to NOT have that approach. And then, in the face of that, they seem pretty against giving a shot to this guy, who could be feast or famine.

I mean, it's not like Juan Uribe is going to have some breakout year at 2b. Give Ramirez a try and Uribe will always be there.

Yeah, I agree completely. Why not throw Alexi out there and see what the kid can do. Especially when the alternative is Juan Uribe, a guy who even in his best year wasn't exactly an all-star.

There were some guys who took good pics (I'll single out Floyd, waaaay better), and some who took horrid ones. I actually see Kong flash a smile (showin teeth!!), somethin I've never seen him do. Did anyone see Wass's pic? Looks like someone pissed in his cheerios.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
no kidding. if you wonder why tommy john has become such a well known surgery, see item A

Well, that and kids being forced at a young age by their parents/coaches/etc to throw until their arms are about to fall off. The human arm was not designed to hurl a baseball over and over and over again, ESPECIALLY when it's the arm of an undeveloped child.