Testicle Surgery to keep Pie out 3-5 days

whitesoxfan101

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....ut-3-5-day.html

Pie out 3-5 days

By Paul Sullivan, 3:23 p.m.

MARYVALE, Ariz. -- Centerfielder Felix Pie will undergo surgery on Monday to correct a personal problem and miss 3-5 days, manager Lou Piniella announced before the Cubs-Brewers game.

Pie is suffering from what's called testicular torsion, or, in layman's terms, a twisted testicle. It happened early in camp, but Pie had the problem reduced manually, sources said, and was able to continue playing. He was scheduled to have the corrective surgery on the Cubs off-day next Monday, but when Pie reported to camp with soreness Monday, the Cubs decided to get the procedure done today.

The surgery involves sewing the outer layer of the testicle to the scrotum wall. The Cubs said it was a minor procedure, and if the problem was not corrected soon, Pie would risk losing the testicle.

It's not known how Pie incurred the injury, but it's not uncommon. Some men are more susceptible to it than others, but it usually happens in late adolescence.

Piniella delicately called it Pie's "situation" and said it shouldn't keep him from competing for the centerfield job. Pie is leading Sam Fuld, who will get most of the playing time in Pie's absence.

I wouldn't want to be the person who did the manual reduction, and who are these "sources"? And that description of the surgery, yikes.

:uhoh

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
i knew one person who had this problem and it happened to him in college and it was self-inflicted during self-stimulation. i s*** you not.

Its not funny it happened to me in high school from being teased all night by this girl. This is where the term "blue balls"comes from. Its very painful. Luckily it just corrected itself and I didnt need surgery.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....ut-3-5-day.html

I wouldn't want to be the person who did the manual reduction, and who are these "sources"? And that description of the surgery, yikes.

:uhoh

Sorry to say I have done it. The surgery is minor but he'll be sore as hell because of the sensitivity in the area.