Reinsdorf on WSCR

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
which means i wont listen to it.

Having been an intern at The Score, and for the Mike North Show (back when he was with Doug in the afternoons), I'll never listen to him again.

I never worked there, and I won't listen to him ever.

Because he sucks.

I turn the radio off during Sox and Hawks night games so I don't accidentally hear him or David Stein.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
I turn the radio off during Sox and Hawks night games so I don't accidentally hear him or David Stein.

Critic,I have got to the same point.I listen to the score at night on my drive home but I have to turn the station before I get out of the car so I dont turn on the car the next morning and have North on,even if its for just two seconds.

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
Critic,I have got to the same point.I listen to the score at night on my drive home but I have to turn the station before I get out of the car so I dont turn on the car the next morning and have North on,even if its for just two seconds.

LOL!!! I do the same thing. I do everything in my power to avoid that voice. He and Murph both...but listening to Boers and Bernstein means I will always hear a second, before I turn the volume down on the commercials. But I do make sure that my radio is never on the Score while North is on, just in case my listening gets picked up by some ratings device. My ignorance there...

What is funny about what you wrote is that she knows nothing about sports but is yet a producer on that show. I like Fred Hubner and will listen becasue of him.

Why did the ND chick leave she was a drag to.

Why does that show keep producers/personalities that know nothing about sports. Is Jonathan Hood the Boers and Bernstein producer. I think that is him. He works well with them although he doesn't chime in much.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Why does that show keep producers/personalities that know nothing about sports.

I dont know, btu i did hear an off-air conversation here about the "upward mobility" of producers of various shows. Basically, no North producer has gone on to do anything while 2 BandB producers have gone on to be the sports director (cant think of the exact title).. and several have gone on to have their own shows. Being a North producer can be a dead end.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Is Jonathan Hood the Boers and Bernstein producer. I think that is him. He works well with them although he doesn't chime in much.

He was MANY years ago. He got his own show that used to air after Norths afternoon show (the Wise Guys) and has since moved to ESPN 1000. I thinkyou are thinking of Jason Goff or Matt Abatacoloa. Both of them are GREAT producers and a lot of fun to be around.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
I dont know, btu i did hear an off-air conversation here about the "upward mobility" of producers of various shows. Basically, no North producer has gone on to do anything while 2 BandB producers have gone on to be the sports director (cant think of the exact title).. and several have gone on to have their own shows. Being a North producer can be a dead end.

He was MANY years ago. He got his own show that used to air after Norths afternoon show (the Wise Guys) and has since moved to ESPN 1000. I thinkyou are thinking of Jason Goff or Matt Abatacoloa. Both of them are GREAT producers and a lot of fun to be around.

I think it is Jason Goff he is pretty good. Did he have his own show or was he on ESPN 1000 at one itme?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
I think it is Jason Goff he is pretty good. Did he have his own show or was he on ESPN 1000 at one itme?

Sorry, did who have his own show? hood or Goff? Here is the history of both:

Goff has been for several years a producer for BandB. He occasionally hosts his own weekend show.

Hood: He started as a producer for BandB. After a while he moved up to his own show late at night and then to a show right after "The Wise guys". I believe he was let go, or his contract wasn't renewed, by WSCR. He then left and works with ESPN1000. I dont know his role there since I rarely listen. He joked once with a Score producer to go work for SportingNews Radio because they payed better. I honestly thought hood would go there when he left the Score.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)

Goff has been for several years a producer for BandB. He occasionally hosts his own weekend show.

Hood: He started as a producer for BandB. After a while he moved up to his own show late at night and then to a show right after "The Wise guys". I believe he was let go, or his contract wasn't renewed, by WSCR. He then left and works with ESPN1000. I dont know his role there since I rarely listen. He joked once with a Score producer to go work for SportingNews Radio because they payed better. I honestly thought hood would go there when he left the Score.

Goof thanks.

Hodd is good to.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)

Hood works with Carmen DiFalco and Jeff Dickerson on "The Show" on ESPN 1000. He's decent, but is a bit too critical for the amount of knowledge he actually has.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Does anyone still listen to Macneil, Jurko and Harry? How's that show going?

They have a great show. I listen to it whenever I get a chance....anything to avoid listening to Bernstein...

QUOTE(The Beast @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Does anyone still listen to Macneil, Jurko and Harry? How's that show going?

I tuned in to MJ&H for a couple minutes today because Boers & (I think) Abatacola were talking about college hoops (and I'm not interested in college sports). MJ&H was not interesting at all, so I switched to NewsRadio 780.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
Hood works with Carmen DiFalco and Jeff Dickerson on "The Show" on ESPN 1000. He's decent, but is a bit too critical for the amount of knowledge he actually has.

Hood hosts a dynamite Saturday show on High School sports. I'm not much for BBall so I've been skipping lately but I found myself rearranging time so I could catch him during football. He not only runs down the scores and news but finds good guests and doesn't ignore academics. He doesn't just read stuff out of the paper but goes to games and tells you what happened, he was real good during the playoffs. I gained a lot of respect for him with the way he handles this show.