GAME THREAD - 3/11/08, SOX @ TEX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
If Anderson continues on this roll and makes the team, do they put Swisher in LF and Anderson in CF? Would that be their best defensive option at that point?

If we based it on performance sure. But we base it on 40 yard dash times, therefore Mr. Owens will start. Speed doesnt slump.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
If we based it on performance sure. But we base it on 40 yard dash times, therefore Mr. Owens will start. Speed doesnt slump.

When it gets a groin pull or torn hammy it does.

If Anderson continues on this roll and makes the team, do they put Swisher in LF and Anderson in CF? Would that be their best defensive option at that point?

Yes, and it's not even close.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)

Unless something has drastically worsened since 2006, any OF with Anderson in CF is far better defensively than any other OF we could put together with the guys on our roster. (And if he has a chance to work at all on his throwing accuracy, he could well be even better than 06).

I pointed out in the Anderson thread that is the best option in my mind to compete this year.

I like Anderson's all-around game much better then Owens and even Quintin at this time.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
I pointed out in the Anderson thread that is the best option in my mind to compete this year.

I like Anderson's all-around game much better then Owens and even Quintin at this time.

OK, let me rephrase this, I agree that BA is a no-brainer choice for CF at that point, I mean have the Sox discussed this at all publicly. I know you can't go off of what happens in ST, but BA was playing LF while Swisher was in CF. That was a head scratcher for me, even if it is ST

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
OK, let me rephrase this, I agree that BA is a no-brainer choice for CF at that point, I mean have the Sox discussed this at all publicly. I know you can't go off of what happens in ST, but BA was playing LF while Swisher was in CF. That was a head scratcher for me, even if it is ST

I took that as more of a chance to assess his ability in a backup situation.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)

If you're expecting Swisher to play CF in the regular season and Anderson to start the season in the minors, then it makes sense. Heck, it might make sense even to set up the regular season so that Swisher gets practice in CF if he's going to be the backup there, which he could well (treat it as a platoon between Anderson and Owens if Owens ever gets healthy?)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
If you're expecting Swisher to play CF in the regular season and Anderson to start the season in the minors, then it makes sense. Heck, it might make sense even to set up the regular season so that Swisher gets practice in CF if he's going to be the backup there, which he could well (treat it as a platoon between Anderson and Owens if Owens ever gets healthy?)

If Anderson worked more on his 40 time, he might of had a shot.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)

They know Anderson is far and away a better CF than anyone on that roster. He has nothing to prove in ST defensively. What they did not know was how good Swisher is in CF thus giving him the time there. Same with that Bourgoise.

Anderson has been jacked around after being handed the job. This organization really turned quickly on him after he strruggled and they watched Mackowiak make a fool of himself then handed the job to Erstad saying they need a number 2 hitter while Iguchi was still on the team.

As far as I know anything bad about Anderson's personality has actually come from the team and not really external media unlike many players that are trashed. Anderson chirped about the honies and what not but that was cool until he failed. Think also of the pressure he was under replacing the icon that is Aaron Rowand NOTE I DID NOT USE GREEN.

I'd like to see him get a shot as I think he could be a real asset.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I think I heard the Rangers announcer say he was hitting 97-98MPH on the radar gun. That sounds promising for Mcdouche.

Hopefully someone who is radar gun crazy decides to trade for him. Maybe we can find something in the national league that could use a guy like MacDougal.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
Hopefully someone who is radar gun crazy decides to trade for him. Maybe we can find something in the national league that could use a guy like MacDougal.

He has an option left, and certainly has the ability to have a "recovery" season even if he starts off struggling in ST this year or even if he's sent down. There's very little reason to sell low on MMac right now.