GAME THREAD - 3/11/08, SOX @ TEX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Ramirez singles to RF, Fields scores, 4-2 Sox, Ramirez to 2nd on the throw, Quentin up.

Does Ramirez have any real chance of making this club? Or are we going to be stuck with Uribe at 2nd?

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Does Ramirez have any real chance of making this club? Or are we going to be stuck with Uribe at 2nd?

I think it's pretty unlikely. There's just been too many repetitions of the "he's too raw", especially on the defensive side, for me to think that they aren't planning him for AAA at least to start the season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
I think it's pretty unlikely. There's just been too many repetitions of the "he's too raw", especially on the defensive side, for me to think that they aren't planning him for AAA at least to start the season.

Plus if Uribe gets mad and sits on Ozzie, it could kill him. Its better of to start him, bribe him with some homer donuts and hope he doesnt have to move too much.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Fields steals 2nd, Saltalamacchia throwing error ball goes in to CF, Konerko Scores, Fields to 3rd. Sox take a 3-2 lead.

Crap, I hate speed. Stolen bases and being able to run is useless for a baseball team. It doesn't force errors or anything.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)

if Richar is in Charlotte or on the DL, Ramirez makes the team. Also, if Uribe is traded, Ramirez makes the team.

That's unless Bourgeois makes the team as a backup (he'd have to be put on the 40 man roster though right?), if Uribe is the starting 2nd baseman.

As for BA, the only thing standing in his way from him becoming a starting OF, is his ability to hit.

Sounds as if he's made some adjustments to his swing, and he's hitting better.

Still it's only ST though, and I'd be surprised if he gets an opportunity still with us (unless Owens isn't healthy).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Starting to look like the pen will include Masset.

It looked like that from the moment they traded for him. They weren't going to lose a potentially solid reliever who can at least throw 93 or so for nothing. Not when he could still be coachable. With a reliever you always have the chance that he'll just have a solid season (Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, etc.) totally out of the blue and suddenly his value will shoot upwards.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Anderson has also drawn 2 walks today.

So far in ST, he's got a .368 avg, .467 OBP and .658 SLG for a 1.009 OPS, in 38 AB's.

Oh and by the way, he has more total plate appearances (46) than anyone else on any team in ST.

I think Brian is making a real statement this spring and will be on the roster. I like the guy myself and he does have talent.

Also Maybe with three good relief outings now by Macdougal he is showing the team he should on the opening day roster. All reports is how nasty his stuff is, and if he is hitting in the upper 90's with the fastball with some movement and also control, he will be there.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
Anderson has also drawn 2 walks today.

So far in ST, he's got a .368 avg, .467 OBP and .658 SLG for a 1.009 OPS, in 38 AB's.

Oh and by the way, he has more total plate appearances (46) than anyone else on any team in ST.

That tells me they are showcasing him rather than giving him an opportunity to prove himself so he can make the team.

I just dont understand some of the reasoning that has been rampant on this board lately. If a player doesnt fit on our major league team, trade him? Why? You wont get equal value for him in return. BA if he doesnt make the team is not going to be traded, we need that depth in our minors. Quentin, Owens, Bourgeois, Ramirez, Crede, Fields, Uribe, Pablo, etc. We need all that depth, we need it. If BA doesnt make the team, he plays in Charlotte, bar none

And it was KW or Ozzie ego that put BA in the minors, it was his lack of production and lack of preparation. It looks like he may have figured a little bit of it out and it would still be nice for him as a 5 tool player to figure it out.