School Reunions

Texsox

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you attend your school reunions?

• Yes, I make certain I am available to go
    • Yes, if it easily fits my schedule
    • No
    • Reform School aints gots no reunions moron

We didn't have a 10th, we had a class of '89 turns 30 reunion. I realized there are two types of people...those who look EXACTLY the same and those that look COMPLETELY different. Plus, most of the people that went, still hung out with the same people from high school, not that there is anything wrong with that, but why would you go to the reunion if you are going to hang out with the people you always hang out with?

And my 20th is next year. Ugh.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
We didn't have a 10th, we had a class of '89 turns 30 reunion. I realized there are two types of people...those who look EXACTLY the same and those that look COMPLETELY different. Plus, most of the people that went, still hung out with the same people from high school, not that there is anything wrong with that, but why would you go to the reunion if you are going to hang out with the people you always hang out with?

And my 20th is next year. Ugh.

Yeah, that probably makes a difference. I don't hang out with anyone I went to HS with. No bad feelings at all, just through undergrad and grad school, I lost touch. So for me it was great to see people I had been wondering about.

I had my 20th last summer and despite the fact that it rained that day (only 2nd day that whole month) it was a good time. The best part was realizing that 5 or 6 or us live within 10 miles of each other and didn't know it. Now we get together every other week at BW3 and have some beer and wings and hang out. :drink :drink

5 year HS reunion is up this year. I won't be attending though, I won't be in the country at the time.

I'm not majorly bummed or anything though, I keep in contact with the people I want to keep in contact with etc.

I certainly don't miss all the things that happen at HS though compared to what I'm doing now.

i went to my 10th about seven years ago. it was actually a lot of fun, although my (now ex) wife went with me and kind of was a buzzkill. i went to a chicago public school, and she went to a rural school in ohio. i'm not quite sure she was prepared for the event. on the positive side i don't have to worry about her ruining 20.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
My tenth reunion was scheduled on Sept 15, 2001. Yeah, they canceled it.

Haven't really bothered since.

Maybe on my 25th, but I couldn't give a damn about 90% of the jackasses that I graduated with.

Stole the words right out of my mouth.

The people I know I keep in touch with and it will stay that way.

I look at things differently than many here. I went to my 5 & 15 yr reunions, but missed the 10 & 20. My class loves a party! At each I had a blast hanging out with old friends and also getting to know some I didn't know well. We had people come to IN from Miami, Texas, DC & Vegas among others. For me, other than drinking beer, it wasn't like HS at all. It was nice to see what people were up to now & there were some interesting stories. There was never any false expectation that we would all become great friends. It was just one night to relax, have fun and learn new things about people. Personally, I made a point to at least say hi to everyone even if I never knew them well. I think everyone enjoyed the experience.