Buehrle scratched from Saturday's start

scenario

Buehrle scratched from Saturday's start

By Mark Gonzales - 10:58 a.m.

TUCSON, Ariz. - White Sox left-hander Mark Buehrle has been scratched from Saturday's start against the Cubs, but the team insists that Buehrle is healthy.

Buehrle, whose 1,577 2/3 innings since 2001 is the second-highest of any major league pitcher, will be replaced by Nick Masset. The team had discussed skipping one of Buehrle's three remaining spring starts as recently as last week to preserve his arm over the course of the regular season.

Buehrle missed his first start because of what was described as normal spring training stiffness but hurled six scoreless innings in two outings before getting tagged for six hits in four innings against Seattle last Monday. Buehrle is tentatively targeted to start the regular season as the Sox's No. 2 starter.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....le-scratch.html

QUOTE(scenario @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
IMO... I don't think this is about Buehrle... it's about Danks. I think they're concerned about something they see and they want to get another look at Masset starting.

I wish that is the case. But if it has hooves and runs by the barn, think horse, not zebra.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
I wish that is the case. But if it has hooves and runs by the barn, think horse, not zebra.

LOL.

Yeah, it may just be that they're realigning the rotation.

But after watching the Sox work out Danks in a B game on an off-day, when every other regular had the day off... and having him get lit up...

I guess I had my Oliver Stone glasses on.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE(scenario @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
LOL.

Yeah, it may just be that they're realigning the rotation.

But after watching the Sox work out Danks in a B game on an off-day, where every other regular had the day off... and having him get lit up...

I guess I had my Oliver Stone glasses on.

I'm not disagreeing, and I pray you are correct. But it seems they would just come out and say, we want to give Masset another start yada yada yada

And putting on the Oliver Stone glasses. maybe a trade is in the works and Masset or Danks are part of it.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Has there been something wrong with Danks?

He didn't pitch particularly great in a minor league camp game yesterday.

Other than that, I think the reports have been good.

I agree with the previous post about Oliver Stone.

Something is in the works. I think maybe Masset is getting showcased for a trade.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
Crede + Masset = ???

or

Crede + Danks = #3 starter

Inquiring minds want to know . . .

I'd be really surprised if they give up on Danks.

Now Crede + Masset = #3 or #4 starter, now we're talking. :D But it ain't gonna happen, most likely.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
I'd be really surprised if they give up on Danks.

Now Crede + Masset = #3 or #4 starter, now we're talking. :D But it ain't gonna happen, most likely.

I don't think a guy batting .080 off surgery and a AAA guy is going to net anything that matters. Which is why I'm thinking it would have to be Danks and it would have to net a starter coming back.

Crede + Masset = slightly better prospect then Masset by himself.

No news is good news. This ain't no news.

The Sox wouldn't have scratched him from the start if something wasn't up. However, this is the man who was going to be out the first month plus in 2005 with a busted foot and wound up being fine and leading us to a World Championship, so I'll put my concern level at: Moderate/Orange.

Edited by Steve9347