Buehrle still is Opening Day Starter

ObamaKnowsBest

Ozzie officially announced Marky-Mark the starter for Opening Day. Apparently the confusion around Vazquez was that he said he could be the starter based on his performances. I am much more pleased witht this outcome :gosoxretro:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Edited by Fourofakind

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
what does ozzie mean by his decision to start javy was "based on my feelings"?

Because he was awesome last year and dominating his last spring outing. But I think the matchups that he has gone for makes more sense even though Count and Gavin are going ot get crushed in Detroit. We have to hope the cold hurts their bats.

rotation set: Buerhle, Vazquez, Danks, Contreras, Floyd.

Opening Series will likely start like this:

@ Cleveland

March 31: Buerhle vs Sabathia

April 2: Vazquez vs Carmona

April 3: Danks vs Byrd

@ Detroit

April 4: Contreras vs Willis

April 5: Floyd vs Robertson

April 6: Buerhle vs Verlander

Home vs Minny

April 7: Vazquez vs Bonser

April 9: Danks vs Hernandez

April 10: Contreras vs Liriano

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
Is there anyone in the minor leagues capable of stepping up and taking a shot if Floyd, Danks, and/or Contreras don't work out? Having Danks as the #3 doesn't make me very confident going into the season.

Lotta people with some potential. Egbert, Broadway, Sisco, Haeger, possibly Masset although he'll probably be in the pen to start the year. No one who you're going to look at and think "This guys is going to win 20 for me this year" but that's several guys with some potential as MLB Players. Egbert has a good sinker, Broadway's developing in to what could be a decent pitcher, Sisco wasn't bad last year at AAA once they made him in to a starter and he still has that fastball, Haeger still has the knuckler, etc.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
Lotta people with some potential. Egbert, Broadway, Sisco, Haeger, possibly Masset although he'll probably be in the pen to start the year. No one who you're going to look at and think "This guys is going to win 20 for me this year" but that's several guys with some potential as MLB Players. Egbert has a good sinker, Broadway's developing in to what could be a decent pitcher, Sisco wasn't bad last year at AAA once they made him in to a starter and he still has that fastball, Haeger still has the knuckler, etc.

I hope they turn out better than our 5th starter lottery a couple years back... Just thinking about Munoz, Diaz, and Wright gives me the chills.

Slightly off topic, does anyone know what happened to Danny Wright after his surgery?