Pods Returns, Let the Celebration Begin!

knightni

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I'm downtown right now and unable to watch, but I'm not so much impressed with the power Alexi is showing, but it's the amount of pitches he seems to be seeing. Coming into camp he was said to be insanely aggressive, which can be a good thing, but he seems to have good control of the strike zone around him.

For a 26 year old cuban who is said to have played against inferior competition, he has a very developed sense of hitting.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I'm downtown right now and unable to watch, but I'm not so much impressed with the power Alexi is showing, but it's the amount of pitches he seems to be seeing. Coming into camp he was said to be insanely aggressive, which can be a good thing, but he seems to have good control of the strike zone around him.

I would agree with that. Granted I have an extremely small sample of about 8 AB's, but I would say he has shown a much better ability of knowing the strike zone than a guy that everyone compares him to, Soriano. I know he doesn't have his power but he has a very quick, live bat and seems to just understand how to play the game. (Offensively at least) He seems to be one of those natural baseball players that can just play.

A very exciting player to watch swing the bat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Have MacDougal start the year as the garbage man.

How many times has McD pitched over 3 innings of relief and kept a team in the game? How many times could he do that on back to back days? Come on. We dont have ANYONE to fit the "rubber arm" role except for Masset or Maybe Broadway.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
How many times has McD pitched over 3 innings of relief and kept a team in the game? How many times could he do that on back to back days? Come on. We dont have ANYONE to fit the "rubber arm" role except for Masset or Maybe Broadway.

With the way Ozzie manages, it doesn't seem like we've needed a long man too much.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
With the way Ozzie manages, it doesn't seem like we've needed a long man too much.

Carrasco has gone 3 innings so far today. I think they might be trying to stretch him out a bit. Wass went 1.2 yesterday. I don't know Carrasco well, but I don't think Wass is a good long man.

I know there are a lot of Hawk haters, but hearing him call that Thome bomb made me smile.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
Thome hits them in bunches. I would hope he would stop hitting them now for about 11 days.

you would hope that he would stop?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
I know there are a lot of Hawk haters, but hearing him call that Thome bomb made me smile.

I was watching this weekend when Dye hit one, and Hawks call is nice. It made me laugh because he makes it sound like game 7 of a WS when its a spring training game in the middle of March.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
I'm sure no one will mention it, but Anderson's speed and hustle kept this 8th inning going.

I agree on the play at home. But I thought he should have scored on Pods arm