Crede likely to start on opening day

DBAHO

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 11:50 AM)
but but but, intangibles, things not on paper or stats, grinderisms.........

5JiUaAKi.jpg

I tell you, I know that a lot of people like this Arod character. But on the field today, is what I can say is the living represenation of Brooks Robinson, Joe Crede. How many rings does Arod have, huh. I mean did Arod hit a homer off of Riske in September. No. In fact I would take all of our players including Timo over any player on any team in the history of baseball.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Not denying Fields will probably one day become a 40HR, 100RBI guy who k's 150+ per season and carries about a .330OBP. But he should ultimately become a first baseman. He is not better then Crede now, so Crede will start in '08. It's simple. If Crede is on the team he will start.

As we know you love Joe. What exactly is the years and salary of a contract that you think the sox and Joe will iron out to keep Brooks here for the next 4 to 5 years. What would you give him per year.

Edited by southsideirish71

Based on this thread the season is over already. Why do you want to waste a year of eligability on Fields this year if you do not have to. Same thing with Danks. Send them, Richar and Quintin down. Then the arbitration clock is not running on them and you can bring them up next year. None of them are that polished that they could not use another season at AAA. Start Masset you need to keep him up anyway.

For every person crying and whining about Fields, if he hits .200 in April and averages a K a game through May the pissing and moaning as to why Crede was given up would be amazing by the same folks that want to give him away.

Why do people come to this site to tell everyone that the Sox are going to suck and need rebuild ad nauseum. Find another hobby and come back next spring when the 72-90 Sox are rebuiliding and discussions about how Baseball Prospectus feels the 2009 season will go can lead us to what we will be doing next season after b****ing and moaning that Baseball America does not like the Sox minor league system. Way to back your team.

Rebuilding does not always work and is not a sure fire way to a pennant. For every Marlin, the Royals, Pirates, Reds, Twins, D-Rays, etc. say hi.

Crede starting should make every season over fan happy as Fields will be a year away from the Miguel Cabrearra contract he will be staring at.

Training Camp is only 4 months away. Oh wait they are done too...........Go Hawks, hopefully they will lose every game the rest of the way and solify the Rockford club.

As we know you love Joe. What exactly is the years and salary of a contract that you think the sox and Joe will iron out to keep Brooks here for the next 4 to 5 years. What would you give him per year.

If he comes in and proves himself healthy, I would give him 4 years 30 million. That's 7.5 per year. Good deal on both sides.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
If he comes in and proves himself healthy, I would give him 4 years 30 million. That's 7.5 per year. Good deal on both sides.

You do know that KW has said that Crede/Boras have no desire to extend their deal with the Sox this season, correct?

You do know that KW has said that Crede/Boras have no desire to extend their deal with the Sox this season, correct?

KW also said he would not negotiate with Buehrle mid-season...boom 5 year contract.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
Who is Adam Dunne? He's not showing up on baseball reference.

Dunn gets on a lot more. Joe Crede in 2002 hit homers at about the same rate as Fields did last year, and hit .280 or so. I have the feeling once Joe is gone, its only a matter of time the get rid of Fields threads will pop up. He really is one of 2 or 3 versions of the White Sox back up QB.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
KW also said he would not negotiate with Buehrle mid-season...boom 5 year contract.

Wake me the next time we negotiate successfully with Scott Boras. We're like a college basketball program that can't accept partial qualifiers and junior college players.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)

Sure thats the way Scott Boras works. A nice equitable deal for both parties.

Think higher salary, and for more years. Thats what Joe and Scott will want.

Scott Boras is in the business of negotiating, as is KW. If they cannot or refuse to do it over personal reasons they will both be fired. To say a deal cannot be made is ridiculous, that's what these guys do.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
Scott Boras is in the business of negotiating, as is KW. If they cannot or refuse to do it over personal reasons they will both be fired. To say a deal cannot be made is ridiculous, that's what these guys do.

Scott is in the business of making as much money for as many years for his players. If you think he is in the business of negotiating for a sweet deal then I suggest giving reality a try.

Scott peddles his players in the offseason, from highest value to lowest. He pits one team against the other, and gets the most money and most years. The only ones that get sweetheart deals, or those scraps left over like a Kyle Lohse or a Jeff Weaver. They get a one year deal in the hopes that they will rekindle their value. If Joe hit 20 or more home runs, and hits .260 or above with good defense Scott will be looking for a jackpot. He will peddle him and build him up even more than Crede's crew.

i dont want to start another crede thread...theres are like 2 started per day...but legitimately, has there been a more overrated player for so long as joe crede? i mean the pods love fest wore off when our pitching started to suck, and people realized that us winning games 3-2 and 2-1 had very little to do with podsednik....

i mean ill never forget the september and october he had in 05, and he had a nice year, especially power wise in 06, but josh fields had more HR per AB last year than any one year crede has had....oh and he walked more times in far fewer ABs last year than crede did in any one year of his career....Basically in Fields first year in the bigs, he was pretty close to being as good as crede was during credes best year in the majors....

I think people forget that joe crede barely walks more than juan uribe, and his career best obp is actually lower than juan uribes career best obp...

and i completely agree with whoever said that while fields is not as good as crede defensively...its not like hes ryan braun either

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 11:22 AM)
Wow. Hate to burst your bubble but Fields is the next coming of a poor man's Adam Dunne.

what exactly is bad about this?

oh yeah i forgot... joe crede is a MUCH better player than Adam 40 HR 100 RBI/yr Dunn

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)

Thats an awful deal, he's not really worth his 5 million this year. His benchmark is about what Pedro Feliz got at 3 years 8.5 million. Feliz is superior defensively and about as good as Crede offensively.

what exactly is bad about this?

oh yeah i forgot... joe crede is a MUCH better player than Adam 40 HR 100 RBI/yr Dunn

Yeah I thought Dunn was a little worse, change that to poor mans Richie Sexson. The key here is "poor mans". Also, Dunne puts up good numbers but I'm not sure he will ever play on a winning team and some of the fault lies with him.

Edited by SoxWS05

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
Yeah I thought Dunn was a little worse, change that to poor mans Richie Sexson. The key here is "poor mans". Also, Dunne puts up good numbers but I'm not sure he will ever play on a winning team and some of the fault lies with him.

...everything you say man...

it's DunnE's fault that the reds aren't a winning team?????

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)

so? richie sexson was pretty forking good in his prime...way better than crede ever was/will be....id rather be a poor man's richie sexson than a poor mans travis fryman (which is basically what crede is)...

oh and dont even try to pin the reds lack of success on dunn

...everything you say man...

it's DunnE's fault that the reds aren't a winning team?????

Well he plays on that team doesn't he? I would not want him on the Sox. His K's are a killer in the middle of that lineup.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
Well he plays on that team doesn't he? I would not want him on the Sox. His K's are a killer in the middle of that lineup.

So is the reason that the sox didnt repeat in 06, Thome's fault. He Ks a lot as well.