7/4--->Mah BDay--->Sox v. Rays

Heads22

I would hate for my hometown team to be the Devil Rays...

They are NEVER going to be good EVER...

I just dont see it happening, no one wants to play there and they wont pay big bucks for people.. things will be ugly in TB for a long time

I don't think so. They have a very, very good manager in Lou Piniella.

I'm sure you could have said the same thing about the Mariners in the early 90s. Now their one of the best teams in the league year in and year out. Sweet Lou put Seattle on the map, and Sweet Lou will also put Tampa Bay on the map.

I though Sweet Lou wanted out?? And the Yankees were interested in him for next year.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont see it happening, no one wants to play there and they wont pay big bucks for people.. things will be ugly in TB for a long time

I don't think so. They have a very, very good manager in Lou Piniella.

I'm sure you could have said the same thing about the Mariners in the early 90s. Now their one of the best teams in the league year in and year out. Sweet Lou put Seattle on the map, and Sweet Lou will also put Tampa Bay on the map.

I though Sweet Lou wanted out?? And the Yankees were interested in him for next year.

Nope. He basically said I signed the contract, I wanted to come down here, so I'm going to stay down here until my contract ends if I remember correctly.

Just some notes on other games going on right now...

Boston @ NYY...David Wells had walked just 4 people and allowed 11 HR coming into tonight. Well, tonight, he's walked 2, and has allowed 5 HR. That's amazing.

STL @ Cubs...Kerry Wood went just 3 innings and walked 6. 7 ER, and 3 HR. Just 1 strike out. *giggle*

Well, their AAA team is doing quite well. Hell, Jim Parque won a game for Durham yesterday.

A possible point of interest that I just found out.

Carl Everett, this year, has hit .340(18 for 53) with 6 homers and 12 RBIs out of the #2 spot. He has hit just .143(7 for 49) with 3 homers and 5 RBI out of the #5 and #7 spots in the lineup combined. For some strange reason, he has hit .327(16 for 49) with 3 homers and 8 RBI out of the #6 spot.

I can't explain the #6 spot....but I can tell you that switching him and Valentin in the lineup we have now, or atleast putting Carl 2nd, Dauber 5th, and Valentin 7th could have good results. Apparently, Carl likes hitting in front of a very good hitter....and Frank Thomas is a very good hitter.

Pinella didn't make the M's good, try Pat Gillick.  The D-Rays will suck balls for a long time, even if they inprove by leaps and bounds they have to beat the Red Sox,Jay and Yankmees, doomed franchise.

I never said they'd win anything...I just said that Lou would put them on the map.

A possible point of interest that I just found out.

Carl Everett, this year, has hit .340(18 for 53) with 6 homers and 12 RBIs out of the #2 spot.  He has hit just .143(7 for 49) with 3 homers and 5 RBI out of the #5 and #7 spots in the lineup combined.  For some strange reason, he has hit .327(16 for 49) with 3 homers and 8 RBI out of the #6 spot.

I can't explain the #6 spot....but I can tell you that switching him and Valentin in the lineup we have now, or atleast putting Carl 2nd, Dauber 5th, and Valentin 7th could have good results.  Apparently, Carl likes hitting in front of a very good hitter....and Frank Thomas is a very good hitter.

In the 2 spot he gets more fastballs, as the best hitter (A-Rod, Frank) usually hits third. The other team doesn't want to walk whoever's before them, so the second batter gets less offspeed stuff, less movement on the pitches.

Hahaa yes my Junior team lost the Manitoba final this year.

I tried for the first time this year and my team won the Thursday night league we were in. I'll watch for ya on T.V. you gotta warn me next time.