7/4--->Mah BDay--->Sox v. Rays

Heads22

A possible point of interest that I just found out.

Carl Everett, this year, has hit .340(18 for 53) with 6 homers and 12 RBIs out of the #2 spot.  He has hit just .143(7 for 49) with 3 homers and 5 RBI out of the #5 and #7 spots in the lineup combined.  For some strange reason, he has hit .327(16 for 49) with 3 homers and 8 RBI out of the #6 spot.

I can't explain the #6 spot....but I can tell you that switching him and Valentin in the lineup we have now, or atleast putting Carl 2nd, Dauber 5th, and Valentin 7th could have good results.  Apparently, Carl likes hitting in front of a very good hitter....and Frank Thomas is a very good hitter.

In the 2 spot he gets more fastballs, as the best hitter (A-Rod, Frank) usually hits third. The other team doesn't want to walk whoever's before them, so the second batter gets less offspeed stuff, less movement on the pitches.

I know. That's why I think we should have Carl bat 2nd

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon y'all

Hawk keeps talking about how the D-rays are better than there record indicates bacause of the all the 1-2 run games they have loss. Seems to me that good teams win those games and poor teams loose them.

Just logged on MLB game day and Colon strikes out the side after a couple singles. I see that Jose's little brother really hung in there with Colon. Lots of fouls until he singled. Bartolo came back too and didn't give up anything.

The most underrated player in the majors is, by far, Aubrey Huff. He has, assuming I did my math correctly, 47 XBHs. That is pretty f***ing good. I believe that is like 9th in the league. The guys who are ahead of him? Garrett Anderson, Carlos Delgado, Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, Mike Lowell, Nomar Garciaparra, Jim Edmonds, and Luis Gonzalez. Bret Boone and Preston Wilson also have 47 XBHs.

That's some pretty good company.

Good afternoon y'all

Hawk keeps talking about how the D-rays are better than there record indicates bacause of the all the 1-2 run games they have loss. Seems to me that good teams win those games and poor teams loose them.

Yes, the good teams do win those games. But, the fact that they are involved in so many close games is an indication that while their record is poor, they are not as far away from being competitive as you may think if you just glance at the standings.

bottom of 5

-Anderson Ks swinging

-Rolls Ks swinging

-Valentin singles in a 14 pitch marathon

-Lugo singles

-Crawford Ks swinging

*Valentin single handedly ruins Colon's chances of a CG

That's my point also. 14 pitches to one batter can take it out of a pitcher. Colon gave up his single and then another one before settling in the groove again.

The O being meek again....thank God for Alomar's 2 out single ..... the difference in the game

Colon is doing well shutting them down despite a couple of threats

He may go 7 or 8 today.....I doubt he gets a CG today

Good pitching beats good hitting 9 times out of 10. Zambrano has a lower ERA then Colon.

What's that tell you?