Granderson to the DL

Dick Allen

He'll miss the first week of the season, and the Sox play the Tigers. Maybe he'll even fall a litttle behind and be out of whack for the rematch a week later at USCF. Don't like to see players get hurt, but a broken finger missing a few games isn't too bad. I hope the Sox are able to take advantage.

I just broke my finger 3 weeks ago and it still hurts and is healing slowly. It depends on his break, but it can take much longer than 2-3 weeks to heal. Also, Detroit is having some pitching problems this spring. Their bullpen isn't looking good, Willis is getting rocked, and who knows whats going to happen with Rogers and his health. Rumor has it that they are going after Hudson Street. THe problem is Detroit no longer has much of a farm after that Cabrera deal. You can have money, but if you no longer have a farm, its almost impossible to find starting pitching and bullpen help during the season. I hope the Sox take advantage of this.