Hummel ON FIRE!!!

Cerbaho-WG

If Hummel is our starting 2B next season, then you can count on another season looking up at the Twins in the standings.

If it took Crede as long as it did to be ready for the show, Hummel needs another year at AAA no matter what he is doing in the AFL.

Looking at his stats this past year at AAA, he only hit .260.

It's not that I dislike Hummel, I am just stating that he is not ready for the big show. He needs another full season at AAA and then he can have his shot. I do give a lot of credit to the fact that he only made 12 errors in 142 games, but barring a spring that leaves us no doubt that he is ready, send him back to AAA.

Originally posted by abozichiu

If Hummel is our starting 2B next season, then you can count on another season looking up at the Twins in the standings.

If it took Crede as long as it did to be ready for the show, Hummel needs another year at AAA no matter what he is doing in the AFL.

It's not that I dislike Hummel, I am just stating that he is not ready for the big show.  He needs another full season at AAA and then he can have his shot.  I do give a lot of credit to the fact that he only made 12 errors in 142 games, but barring a spring that leaves us no doubt that he is ready, send him back to AAA.

Absolutely. Remember what happened to Crede his first two stints when he was rushed to the Sox? Expect to see the same from Hummel if he is with the ML team this season. Crede (and countless others League-wide) have proven that you cannot rush progress.

P.S. Crede's problems in his first 2 stints may have come from him not playing everyday..... but that is a different theory and subject for a different thread :D

It's not that I dislike Hummel, I am just stating that he is not ready for the big show.  He needs another full season at AAA and then he can have his shot.  I do give a lot of credit to the fact that he only made 12 errors in 142 games, but barring a spring that leaves us no doubt that he is ready, send him back to AAA.

Before last year he was a career .306 hitter.

I agree with you 100%. Though as a whole, I thought Crede was kept in AAA a few months too long, what with our season more or less over in mid-June and Crede having torn it up all season. All together though, it seems to have been a good decision to give him all that AAA time. Give Tim another year in Charlotte, I have a suspiscion we'll be glad if the sox do.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im glad to see him doing good.. maybe hes gotten his grove back??? or is it because ray ray is gone and he has something to prove and wants to be called up ???who knows but as long as hes doing well i hope he can keep it up...........but i dont expect to see him for another couple of years..........