Discussion of racism and Michelle Obama

DrunkBomber

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
It's really ironic that you say this to me while you do the same thing.

I'm done with this. Knock yourself out.

Did you miss the part about me explaining how affirmative action directly affected my family? How did it affect you again?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol a guy broke into my house once. I'm an expert on home break-ins

Also, I think it's pretty bad ass that you completely dismissed everything I said a couple posts ago that explained how the type of thing that happened to your brother ends up happening. But nevermind, you're the "expert." Go spread your gospel.

I couldn't possibly have a point.Like I said, I'm done. This is getting nowhere and I have better things to do.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
lol a guy broke into my house once. I'm an expert on home break-ins

Also, I think it's pretty bad ass that you completely dismissed everything I said a couple posts ago that explained how the type of thing that happened to your brother ends up happening. But nevermind, you're the "expert." Go spread your gospel.

I couldn't possibly have a point.Like I said, I'm done. This is getting nowhere and I have better things to do.

Youve clearly stated in this thread that you have never been a victim of blatant racism. If you dont think what happened to my brother was racist thats one thing, but if you disagree with AA as you say you do then I am very qualified to vent on the subject. To be perfectly honest, a lot more credible than you.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
The students. Because they are all stupid.

I went to a public school in a poor neighborhood and managed to go to college. Schooling isnt a race issue, its an economic issue. There are people of every creed in those neighborhoods.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
You're the one asserting that. Give me a source.

Actually the quote you questioned wasnt from me but I have no interest in doing research for you on a topic that isnt even under scrutiny because even Obama supporters acknowledged the type of relationship Obama had with Wright. All youve done in this thread is criticized other peoples opinions and asked for sources because you dont even know the facts of the debate. There isnt a shred of contribution from you in this discussion.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
I'm curious to know where you're going with this

Im saying that I think you have no right to say anything is handed to people because theyre white an make it sound like black people have two strikes against them coming out of the womb when you have stated that none of the things listed as hurdles for the black community have ever applied to you. However, when I say I never had these bulls*** advantages and in all actuality I have lived through the stereotypes you are trying to portray as black problems and overcame them but since Im white it doesnt count.

Now when I ask what high school you went to its because I want to know if you are credible enough to make the claims you have because of life experiences and not because its tolerated because of the color of your skin. Thats what racism is. Thats where the double standard lies and you are in no position to criticize my thoughts or opinions or even life experiences because you havent been through any of it. Who is the one thats racist when Im trying to form opinions based on what people have been through in their lives and you are making assumptions of people based on the color of their skin?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Im saying that I think you have no right to say anything is handed to people because theyre white an make it sound like black people have two strikes against them coming out of the womb when you have stated that none of the things listed as hurdles for the black community have ever applied to you. However, when I say I never had these bulls*** advantages and in all actuality I have lived through the stereotypes you are trying to portray as black problems and overcame them but since Im white it doesnt count.

Now when I ask what high school you went to its because I want to know if you are credible enough to make the claims you have because of life experiences and not because its tolerated because of the color of your skin. Thats what racism is. Thats where the double standard lies and you are in no position to criticize my thoughts or opinions or even life experiences because you havent been through any of it. Who is the one thats racist when Im trying to form opinions based on what people have been through in their lives and you are making assumptions of people based on the color of their skin?

I went to Whitney Young. But I didn't get in there because I had good grades or test scores, I made sure I told them I had a black mother about 4 or 5 times so I could be sure I got in. I know that in my going, a white kid who had near-perfect grades didn't get in. Good for me. F*** him. I'm a minority and I'm entitled to it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
Since when was Elmhurst a hotbed of racial tension?

Well, I went to college, got a job and bought a condo in Elmhurst. Thats not where I grew up or was raised. Thanks for your concern.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
I went to Whitney Young. But I didn't get in there because I had good grades or test scores, I made sure I told them I had a black mother about 4 or 5 times so I could be sure I got in. I know that in my going, a white kid who had near-perfect grades didn't get in. Good for me. F*** him. I'm a minority and I'm entitled to it.

Finally a moment of clarity. At least you acknowledged it.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Well, I went to college, got a job and bought a condo in Elmhurst. Thats not where I grew up or was raised. Thanks for your concern.

Perhaps you can enlighten us with your extensive race relations background.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
Since when was Elmhurst a hotbed of racial tension?

Also, Im glad to see youre making the same contribution to this thread as everyone else. Everyone else abandoned the issue and you feel the need to make light of a topic based on where I live now. Maybe you should also pick up some literature from Harriet Beecher Stowe. Watching MTV rock the vote doesnt make you qualified to condone racism.