Top 50 faces for the next 5 years

rangercal

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
At least we have one guy on there.

You can make an argument for Fields and Jenks(though, Krod is not on the list) . Also, not saying he should be in the top 50, but, Buehrle will still only be 34 at the end of 5 years. Not counting on it, however, In a perfect sox world Quientin and Alexei can jump into this type of discussion 1 year from now.

Edited by rangercal

For some reason, Sox players generally never grab the spotlight with non-sox fans. A notable exception of course would be Frank Thomas, who I think was liked by a lot of a non-sox fans. I think if Buehrle played for the Yanks, he'd be a well-liked and extremely well known baseball figure.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
This is a terrible list.

Peralta is way too high.

Thats the one thing I mostly have a grudge with.

He shouldn't even be on the list, period. I mean, what about guys like Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester, Jonathon Papelbon, and Clay Buchholz to name a few. He was obviously aiming for a list filled with fresh faces and guys on the younger side by putting Johnny Peralta on there. AND what the hell, no Felix freaking Hernandez? IMO, he may seriously be the future of the MLB.

Edited by jenks45monster

QUOTE(Jake @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
For some reason, Sox players generally never grab the spotlight with non-sox fans. A notable exception of course would be Frank Thomas, who I think was liked by a lot of a non-sox fans. I think if Buehrle played for the Yanks, he'd be a well-liked and extremely well known baseball figure.

I agree with your entire post.

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 01:35 AM)
He shouldn't even be on the list, period. I mean, what about guys like Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester, Jonathon Papelbon, and Clay Buchholz to name a few. He was obviously aiming for a list filled with fresh faces and guys on the younger side by putting Johnny Peralta on there. AND what the hell, no Felix freaking Hernandez? IMO, he may seriously be the future of the MLB.

Kind of funny that the first 7 you mentioned are all Sawks and Yanks

They get enough hype as it is, any time they don't, I generally celebrate.

Joba is a stud though... he's not gonna be a good one, he's gonna be a great one.

Also, that list is terrible. That is the type of list you come up with off the top of your head with in 20 minutes, and really put no effort into research or the rankings.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Adam Jones has looked damn great this spring so far.

That might be the case but it's only spring training. He's ranked higher than Holliday, Fielder and Howard just to name a few that have already proven themselves...ridiculous.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
Kind of funny that the first 7 you mentioned are all Sawks and Yanks

They get enough hype as it is, any time they don't, I generally celebrate.

It was right off the top of my head, just thinking of the rising stars that weren't on there and those popped into my head immediately. I hate all of the hype they get too.