3/25 roster rumbles

Dick Allen

Toby Hall-C-White Sox Mar. 25 - 2:27 pm et

Toby Hall has been called into manager Ozzie Guillen's office for two meetings on Tuesday, though he's rejoined his teammates after each.

The White Sox are supposed to be settling on their roster today, and it doesn't seem like good news for Hall that he keeps getting talked to. Maybe the team is trying to convince him that a DL stint would be in his best interests. If he was being released, it likely would have happened already.

Source: Chicago Tribune

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
what a f***ing joke. If I were Fields, I would demand a trade. No way would I want my growth as a major leaguer stunted by a guy who can't even hit his weight in spring training.

because we should judge all players on how they play in spring training.

(and i agree that fields shouldn't be sent down, but that reasoning sucks)

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
because we should judge all players on how they play in spring training.

(and i agree that fields shouldn't be sent down, but that reasoning sucks)

Ordinarily no, but you have to take spring into consideration when evaluating Joe when's he's coming off major surgery.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
Well the score just announced that Josh Fields has been sent down to AAA.

Unreal. Shame on KW and Ozzie. What a terrible message this sends to our young players (who aren't particularly fond of Ozzie in the first place).

What a joke!I didnt think this day would come cause its such a f***** stupid move I didnt think they were dumb enough to do it.Iam going to have to stay away from soxtalk for the rest of the day because now Iam pissed.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
Good to know that KW has his head lodged firmly up his ass. I'm waiting for the Masset over Wassermann selection any second now.

Yeah, because we need two 3B on this team. If one of them could play another position, I could see that. And unless the Sox are within a few games at the trade deadline, Crede is gone by July 31st. If no one wants Crede now, might as well play him. What's the big damn deal...Fields will be in AAA getting ABs, playing every day and it's only 1 year...if that.

It sucks, but that's the situation.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Were we suppose to release Crede?

You trade him for anything. He's had one outlier year where he produced above-average offensively and the rest have been wretched for a third baseman. Add to the fact that he rarely walks, still struggles with anything offspeed off the outside corner and is coming off of major back surgery, trading him for a C prospect makes too much sense.

what a joke....good thing we deemed major league games adequate last year for fields to try out left field, but spring training when he actually can learn the position, nope...instead lets march out .320 slugging jerry owens....quentin and fields will be a hell of a 3-4 punch in AAA

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
You trade him for anything. He's had one outlier year where he produced above-average offensively and the rest have been wretched for a third baseman. Add to the fact that he rarely walks, still struggles with anything offspeed off the outside corner and is coming off of major back surgery, trading him for a C prospect makes too much sense.

If you could get that.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)

yeah or even let him ride the pine...hed be a valuable bat off the bench and provide defensive replacement...we will pay his salary even if we trade him, so why not let him come off the bench? its not unheard of....morgan ensburg, tony clark etc

If the Sox were so intent on having Crede play 3rd base, we would have better much better off putting Fields in LF, letting Owens/Anderson fight for CF, and not trading 3 of our top prospects for Swisher. Considering that the Richar trade is a bust as of now, and Quentin isn't likely to be a starter, we really have wasted all of our minor league resources.