Man shoots and kills wife...

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
Looks like a house to me. Where does the story say it's a trailer? :huh Or are you implying that someone this dumb has to live in a trailer?

It's a good implication. In this case, incorrect, but 9/10 the guy using the gun to punch a hole in his wall lives in a trailer.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
It's a good implication. In this case, incorrect, but 9/10 the guy using the gun to punch a hole in his wall lives in a trailer.

Really?

What else can we say about 9/10 people that live in a trailer? Or 9/10 blacks? 9/10 Jews? 9/10 Asians? 9/10 women?

Maybe I'm over-reacting a bit, I'll admit, but I still think it's a valid point and falls under the rules of Soxtalk:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Edited by mreye

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
I honestly don't know why I said trailer - other than maybe I couldn't believe a little .22 could actually pierce the full outside wall of a real house and still kill someone. Must be some really thin walls.

Don't get me wrong, NS. I don't think you intended any malice. Just making a point.

It may be an old house without insulation and old, brittle drywall / plaster. I'd like to know what else he was trying to use that he was so unsuccessful to try a gun as a last resort???

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
Don't get me wrong, NS. I don't think you intended any malice. Just making a point.

It may be an old house without insulation and old, brittle drywall / plaster. I'd like to know what else he was trying to use that he was so unsuccessful to try a gun as a last resort???

Personally, I think you're overestimating the intelligence of the kind of person who would think of using a gun for this purpose at all if you're thinking it was a last resort.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)
Personally, I think you're overestimating the intelligence of the kind of person who would think of using a gun for this purpose at all if you're thinking it was a last resort.

Probably, but the story made it seem that way.

I wonder if Comcast will use this is their next sattellite bashing commercial.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there may have been a little alcohol involved.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there may have been a little "I'm going to murder my wife now" involved.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
I'd say you are over-reacting more than just a bit there.

I'll admit I was to NorthSider's comment, but I won't to yours. Your comment was the one that really pisses me off. No, I don't live in a trailer, but I also don't go around making rude, sterotypical comments about people that live in them either.

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
I'll admit I was to NorthSider's comment, but I won't to yours. Your comment was the one that really pisses me off. No, I don't live in a trailer, but I also don't go around making rude, sterotypical comments about people that live in them either.

Well, if I offended anyone, I apologize. It appears I made an assumption, and I am not sure why, other than maybe the thin walls - but its a bit embarrassing. So again, sorry that I accidentally started this little wildfire.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
Well, if I offended anyone, I apologize. It appears I made an assumption, and I am not sure why, other than maybe the thin walls - but its a bit embarrassing. So again, sorry that I accidentally started this little wildfire.

No wildfire. I'm cool. You said you made an error. I can accept that.

Now, what have you got against aliens, you biggot? ;)

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)

I don't apologize because it was such an obvious joke. When did Soxtalk become the no-fun zone?

And to think I was such a fan of Monsters, Inc!