Juan Uribe Celebrates Racial Equality By Eating His Weight In Ribs

knightni

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Who the hell #70 on the Sox? I turned the game on and just caught #70 running and had no idea who it is.

That's Royce Huffman. He sort of is backing up Crede at 3rd right now while Fields is in minor league camp.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
That's Royce Huffman. He sort of is backing up Crede at 3rd right now while Fields is in minor league camp.

OK, thanks. Where is he from, AAA, AA, FA, etc.?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
He's 30 years old and he's spent the last couple years playing for the AAA affiliates of Houston and San Diego.

When was he acquired?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
wasn't really impressed with Contreras today. He didn't have much, if anything, on the ball, and threw basically a lot of junk, IMO. At least he threw strikes.

Yeah he needs to throw strikes to be productive like any pitcher. But chances are he's going to have a high ERA and his oppenent batting average isn't as low as it used to be. The fewer number of walks he gives up the better he'll be.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
wasn't really impressed with Contreras today. He didn't have much, if anything, on the ball, and threw basically a lot of junk, IMO. At least he threw strikes.

He scared the crap out of me today, much like he did in pretty much any game I've seen him pitch since 2004. Good games included. The forkball WAS working well today, and he located the fastball when he needed to, however.

I'm much more worried about the offense. Dye, Crede, and Uribe looked absolutely lost at the plate, and Swisher looked pretty bad. Those 4 guys, who figure to be pretty big parts of our offense, were automatic outs today. I think our pitching is going to be decent, but we're not going to be able to score 1-3 runs like we did in 2005 and win. We'll need consistent offensive production.