What I do with my time

BobDylan

For about six months my roommate and I saved our cigarette boxes. We wanted to make a robot out of them. But what can you do with a robot that has no mechinism? So I made a basketball hoop.

rimback.jpg

An over the top view. My roommate smokes Parliment Ligts, I smoke Marlboro Lights. The backside of the backboard is mostly Marlborlo.

rimbottom.jpg

The rim is surprisingly strong. It's held up by 14 straws.

rimside.jpg

A side view.

rimtop.jpg

The top of the rim.

full.jpg

I put it all together with glue and boxing tape. I have a net for it that I will put on when we hang it up. Hanging it up is the last challenge.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
Impressive. Shouldn't be too long before one of you coughs up a lung and you've got your basketball

lol awesome

But that is cool to see a basketball hoop out of that. Maybe I'll go start buying candy cigarettes to try it, haha.

Impressive. Shouldn't be too long before one of you coughs up a lung and you've got your basketball

I was trying to think of a lung cancer joke to make, but I don't think it'll live up to this one. Excellent :)

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
A wise man once told me that "cigarettes, whiskey, and wild, wild women are what made this country what it is today".

Keep on keepin' on, Bob.

Love all three.

Put the net up but need some wood to hang it. That's if I can walk back up the stairs without dying of emphysema. Maybe I should've made it out of Big Mac boxes. Or Bud Light cans.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1596878:date=Mar 30, 2008 -> 06:26 PM:name=Mplssoxfan)-->
QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 06:26 PM)
<!--quotec-->A wise man once told me that "cigarettes, whiskey, and wild, wild women are what made this country what it is today".

Keep on keepin' on, Bob.

:cheers

Funny!

Not my reference, but funny.

Of course, the wise man who told me that died of cancer in his early 60's, but that's another story. A good one, too.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
Funny!

Not my reference, but funny.

Of course, the wise man who told me that died of cancer in his early 60's, but that's another story. A good one, too.

Yeah, I assumed you weren't friends with Peter Sellers, but his version of the song from his historic appearance on the Muppet Show is one I've always liked. he was so beaten down by heart problems, mental illness, depression and drugs by then that it's a really telling episode to rewatch now. He didn't appear as himself at all, but instead appeared as a series of characters in costume. In one skit he wore a viking helmet and a boxing glove and said something to Kermit about being dressed as te queen. Kermit then tells him to relax and be himself, and Peter says, "There is no me. I do not exist. There used to be a me, but I had it surgically removed."

When I was 10 years old and saw this I obviously didn't get any of it. But knowing what we do about Sellers troubled life it's really touching and sad.

sorry 'bout the threadjack, BobDylan. :)

:notworthy :lolhitting My grandfather died of lung cancer and my uncle dies from mouth cancer after losing 3/4 of his tongue, and my mom still smokes . . . :stick