White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
1.CC pitching

2.Masset pitching

3.Sox against LHP

4.Indians being better than the Sox

5.I'm pissed.

It doesn't look good.

Is this Soxtalk or Indianstalk?

im getting confused with how negative everyone is already getting, sheesh.

how about OCab and Thome get on(cuz hes not going to see a single fastball in his at bat) and then Konerko cranks it

Sure, the guy with a 1.261 career WHIP and a career ERA+ 5 points below Roy Halladay, 7 above C.C. Sabathia and Josh Beckett, and 7 points behind Carlos Zambrano isn't a top of the rotation starter. And sure, the extra runs from today carry over to tomorrow, so we're already losing that game, too!

I think some of you people are bipolar or something. Take some lithium.

Where have you been, he always gets hit. The one no hitter was a freak , he's always gets hit on. Ive said it 5 years ago and ill say it again, hes at best a 3rd or 4th starter.

Do you watch him pitch often? Take a look at his numbers the last five years, he's an ace. He had a real bad start today but he'll still finish the season with an era around 3.00-3.5. Also, no hitters are always freakish things.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)

how about OCab and Thome get on(cuz hes not going to see a single fastball in his at bat) and then Konerko cranks it

i can tell this is your first game thread

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
What happened to Mark? He looked so good in Az. Why did we sign him to a long term contract?

What the f***... Buehrle is a good pitcher with career stats and one anomaly year to back it up... have we seriously reduced ourselves to this already?

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)

I think we deserve the right to be negative after that piss-poor 2nd inning.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
i can tell this is your first game thread

not really ... first one I have posted in, yes

but thanks for assuming

I guess this is the first Whitesox game I have ever watched too huh?

Edited by JFields27

Sure, the guy with a 1.261 career WHIP and a career ERA+ 5 points below Roy Halladay, 7 above C.C. Sabathia and Josh Beckett, and 7 points behind Carlos Zambrano isn't a top of the rotation starter. And sure, the extra runs from today carry over to tomorrow, so we're already losing that game, too!

I think some of you people are bipolar or something. Take some lithium.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
not really ... first one I have posted in, yes

but thanks for assuming

sorry, i didnt mean it as a jab at you...its just, negativity tends to run rampant around here...and given the fact that its opening day, after what happened last opening day and the rest of the year, i cant really blame people this year

As much as I know the Sox aren't going to win this game, a part of me always refuses to give up after I left that game early a few years ago where the Sox almost came back from 9-1 in the bottom of the 9th.

But with OCab making hacks like that, I'm not holding out THAT much hope.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Do you watch him pitch often? Take a look at his numbers the last five years, he's an ace. He had a real bad start today but he'll still finish the season with an era around 3.00-3.5. Also, no hitters are always freakish things.

I will bet you $50 right now that Mark's ERA this year is well above 3.50. Every team in our division (except the Twins) are going to be better in 2008 than they were in 2007.

Man just thinking about MB debacle in 2nd inning, its like the same story over and over when he gets rocked. Either his defense kinda of lets him down on plays that should have been made, or the umpire squeezes him on pitches that look like they should be strikes/strikeouts. And every time that happens it seems to followed by the floodgates and gets rocked. Its the same story over and over, big stike zone and good defense = good buehrle, bad strike zone and bad defense = bad buehrle.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Buehrle's line the last 3 years combined vs CLE the first game he pitches:

7.0 IP, 14 H, 11 R, 11 ER, 3 HR, 2 BB, 4 K, 14.14 ERA

yeah but that 1-0 on opening day 05 was pretty sweet