Tonights game...

CWSOX45

Well, I hope the team buys into my mentality of baseball. The reason why I didn't combust tonight, kind of like you guys, is that I believe it is impossible to go game to game exerting so much emotion. Sure, the Sox lost today, but they can still take the series, right? I go series by series, I guess it limits my emotional outbursts from 162 games a year to 50 or so. :D

Well, I hope the team buys into my mentality of baseball. The reason why I didn't combust tonight, kind of like you guys, is that I believe it is impossible to go game to game exerting so much emotion. Sure, the Sox lost today, but they can still take the series, right? I go series by series, I guess it limits my emotional outbursts from 162 games a year to 50 or so. :D

That's Mike Scioscia's mentality of baseball, not yours. :P

Today is a important game for Esteban. The Rays are Esteban's nemesis. If he pitch a hell of a game the team will be very happy for him leading them for another win. And he will be close to AS Game starting pitcher.

Today is a important game for Esteban. The Rays are Esteban's nemesis. If he pitch a hell of a game the team will be very happy for him leading them for another win. And he will be close to AS Game starting pitcher.

Well, he already got even with Toronto. Let's see if he can get even with the Rays. :)

We need to love the Devil Rays....if it wasn't for them we woul dnot have Esteban Loazia and we would probably be 4th place in the easiest divison in the league.

If you take the Devil rays out of Loazias stats in 2003 he is 8-7 with a respectable 4.15 ERA

For some reason Loazia got completely shelled against the Devil Rays last year. I dont know the numbers...but a ERA in double digits in a lot of starts.

If he pitched like he is capable against the worse team in the league Toronto probably would have hung on to him or the whitesox would not have got him for 500,000 and 500,000 incentives.

Lets hope his luck changes today :D ...

Well, he already got even with Toronto.  Let's see if he can get even with the Rays.  :)

We have to Karmanize tonight. I'll be watching on WGN and am happy to see Loaiza pitch for a change on a TV game I get.

Last night has to be heartbreaking to the players. Koch is not our answer as closer, at least not right now. When you battle like the Sox have and are now in a position to overtake the Twins and Royals and have your ACE relief pitcher blow it AGAIN there isn't much you can say. It sucks that we play the Devil Rays, who are struggling and rebuilding and LOSE while the Royals are feasting on the Tigers (7-0 this season). We go onto Detroit Tuesday after the TB series and should realistically been looking at a real winning streak and I am saying sweeps here people, but becasue of Koch and his continued ineffectiveness we may have to settle for 5-1.

Hypothetically, what would it take to get Troy Percival and Brian Donnelly from the Angels?

I wish I could Billy Botch alone, but I can't.

I gotta think it would probably be a starter or two fromt he minors, and probably a good hitter.

A deal of Rauch, Wright/Garland, and Daubach could probably get it done. We'd be giving up way too much.

I'd much rather just trade Koch, and bring Felix Diaz up(assuming Texas doesn't take him) and use him out of the pen. It would be a much better option then trading for Percival and Donnelly, IMO. We have the arms in the minors, it's just a matter of the team using them at the major league level.