That Was a Good Game... The Positive Postgame Thread

hi8is

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
I can't forget the fact we paid $5.5M a yr to a guy that comes in and blows the game. It's just like we experienced last year, but at a cheaper price. Otherwise the offense seemed to produce other than not scoriung with zero out and sacks full in the eighth. One psot mentioned controversy and since I don't have TV I don't know what that is in refrence to.

Dotel doesn't deserve any blame

Its Buehrle who is the reason we lost, not the umpires and not Dotel.. our "Ace" sucked, plain and simple

1.2 IP 7 ER from our #1

that is why we lost

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)

Its Buehrle who is the reason we lost, not the umpires and not Dotel.. our "Ace" sucked, plain and simple

1.2 IP 7 ER from our #1

that is why we lost

That may be true...yet, it won't happen very often...he is our #1.

I didn't see the game, but I'm very impressed with the fight the team showed to battle back to 7-7 and have a chance of tying in the 9th. I think this year is going to be fun...whether they win the division or not.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
The emotion shown today has been missing for a while now, and it's good to see it might be back.

Hopefully these guys come out strong Wednesday. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Tribe today anyway.

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully they come out pissed about losing a game like this and put a hurt on the Tribe. This team's lacked emotion for the past few years...but it was really evident today that they had it. I was VERY encouraged what I saw today (except for Dotel). I'm really surprised Ozzie didn't get tossed today. He had every right to.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)

1.2 IP 7 ER from our #1

that is why we lost

Yeah...let's forget the fack that Buehrle had Gutierrez K'd with a PERFECT pitch. Not saying that it would have changed everything...but ya never know. Dotel just seems like a FLAT OUT WASTE OF MONEY at this point. Still not sure why Linebrink wasn't in there though instead of Dotel.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Yeah...let's forget the fack that Buehrle had Gutierrez K'd with a PERFECT pitch. Not saying that it would have changed everything...but ya never know. Dotel just seems like a FLAT OUT WASTE OF MONEY at this point. Still not sure why Linebrink wasn't in there though instead of Dotel.

debbie_downer.jpg

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
Masset and Boone looked great. Offensive was pretty good, except the bases loaded no outs = no runs inning. The umpires sucked.

Need to get a win in tomorrow, obtain early season momentum this year.

We need Robert Fick to play for the Indians...a good bench clearing brawl is what this team needs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
You know what? This team looked like they wanted the win badly, and when they lost, they were not happy. Last season it almost looked as if they didnt care win or lose, this team looks to have alot of fight in it.

+1

Better to lose hungry than indifferently, like last year.

I don't know if these guys have the pitching to make it to the playoffs this year, but I like their attitude.

We scored 8 runs. Do that every game, and we'll do very well this season. We also drew 5 walks which was nice.

Dye looked good, going 3 for 4 with a HR. I'm not concerned about him after his slow spring.

Masset actually pitched a good outing. That's the benchmark for him now. If he pitches like that, he'll become very valuable for us as a longman especially with the likes of Floyd and Danks in our rotation.

Thome hit 2 HR's off lefties. You don't see that very often.

Boone had a nice outing.

We basically got screwed by the umps, and were unlucky not to win.

We also got Sabathia out of the game after 5.1IP, and 100 pitches. Seems as if we are taking opposing pitches deeper into counts this season hopefully.

So there's some good things we can look at.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
That may be true...yet, it won't happen very often...he is our #1.

I didn't see the game, but I'm very impressed with the fight the team showed to battle back to 7-7 and have a chance of tying in the 9th. I think this year is going to be fun...whether they win the division or not.

Right, im not trying to say that we didnt fight back or anything like that

Im just saying this loss is on MB, simple as that

Im pretty negative about the team right now, but positives:

-Save Dotel's meltdown the job turned in by Masset and Booner was awesome...this game could have been 15-2 without their work.

-It's EARLY, but it looks like maybe our big boys won't have a miserable slump like they did early in the season last year.

-The team battled. Down 7-2 I thought it was over, but the team fought back and chased the Cy Young winner from last year.

-The newcomers Swish and OCab look like great table setters.

-Chicago is still >>> Cleveland

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
A ton is going to have to do with Ozzie.

I like how Ozzie used Boone for a whole inning, rather than just a LOOGY appearance. But I think he faced 2 lefties that inning, so that might be why Ozzie kept him in.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
I like how Ozzie used Boone for a whole inning, rather than just a LOOGY appearance. But I think he faced 2 lefties that inning, so that might be why Ozzie kept him in.

His breaking ball is locatable now which makes him deadly against lefties and a bit against righties. If he can continue to locate the offspeed stuff and pepper in 94 mph gas, he will be Marte circa 2003, with less walks.