I'm throwing this out there...

BurlyMan56

Perhaps, this is too early, but I like the idea of Swisher batting lead off. I like Cabrera in the two hole. Thome 3rd, Konerko 4th, Dye 5th, AJ 6th, Crede/A-Ram 7th, and Crede/A-Ram 8th and Jerry Owens 9th.

Yes, Jerry Owens batting ninth and not lead off. If he gets on at the bottom of the order, he can create a little havoc and make the pitcher feel uneasy rather than have the relative ease of making Juan Uribe look stupid. He wouldn't have the pressure of having to set the table yet for the big guys, leaving it to Swisher to get on base. He still steals bases while being at the bottom of the order, distracts the pitchers giving Swisher even better pitches and at-bats. Yes, Swisher could have more RBI chances in the 6th hole but his OBP might go to waste with our bottom of the order. Swisher gets on base and we have to hope that Crede/Ramirez or Uribe drives him in?

Owens can be the second leadoff hitter that gets on base, distracts the pitcher, steals bases and runs them well. Owens steals second and a Swisher single drives him in. Cabrera does the little things right to advance both runners giving way to the big guys.

Plus, it's another way to get Uribe out of the lineup.

Feel free to rip the idea or support it, wondering what you guys think. It probably wont happen but I like the idea.

LF Swisher

SS Cabrera

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C AJ

3B Crede

2B Ramirez

CF Owens

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
Perhaps, this is too early, but I like the idea of Swisher batting lead off. I like Cabrera in the two hole. Thome 3rd, Konerko 4th, Dye 5th, AJ 6th, Crede/A-Ram 7th, and Crede/A-Ram 8th and Jerry Owens 9th.

Yes, Jerry Owens batting ninth and not lead off. If he gets on at the bottom of the order, he can create a little havoc and make the pitcher feel uneasy rather than have the relative ease of making Juan Uribe look stupid. He wouldn't have the pressure of having to set the table yet for the big guys, leaving it to Swisher to get on base. He still steals bases while being at the bottom of the order, distracts the pitchers giving Swisher even better pitches and at-bats. Yes, Swisher could have more RBI chances in the 6th hole but his OBP might go to waste with our bottom of the order. Swisher gets on base and we have to hope that Crede/Ramirez or Uribe drives him in?

Owens can be the second leadoff hitter that gets on base, distracts the pitcher, steals bases and runs them well. Owens steals second and a Swisher single drives him in. Cabrera does the little things right to advance both runners giving way to the big guys.

Plus, it's another way to get Uribe out of the lineup.

Feel free to rip the idea or support it, wondering what you guys think. It probably wont happen but I like the idea.

LF Swisher

SS Cabrera

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C AJ

3B Crede

2B Ramirez

CF Owens

I like, turns the lineup over. Now get rid of Crede.

Agreed.

I liked what I saw out of Swish and Cabrera today and until I see something more than what I saw from Owens last year he should not be batting leadoff. In fact, I would like to see Anderson out in CF batting 8th or 9th simply because his defense is far superior. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ozzie disagreed with me.

I think the Giants could use some offense.

Trade Crede and Dye to San Fran, and just dump Uribe. And please...PLEASE get Alexei Ramirez out of the outfield.

Owens-CF

Cabrera-SS

Thome-DH

Konerko-1B

Swisher-LF

Quentin-RF

Pierzynski-C

Fields-3B

Ramirez-2B

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 04:09 AM)
The lineup today should have been pretty obvious.

LF-Swish

SS-OC

DH-Thome

1B-Kong

RF-Dye

C-AJ

3B-Crede(should be Josh, but whatever)

CF-Anderson

2B-Ozuna

Great post, between this and and using Dotel instead of Linebrink, it wasn't Ozzie's greatest game.

I agree Tony. I wish there was a way Quentin had a way into this lineup as well, but that's a totally different story. I also thought it was funny to hear Farmer talk about Uribe's approach at the plate. He said something along the lines that if Lewis or whoever the Indians pitcher was, winded up and decided to not throw the pitch that Uribe might swing anyway. Good analysis on how to strike out Uribe, fastball up and in should get em out and it did.

Whats with this community? Why all the sudden Crede hatred and the thinking that Fields is the next coming of God?!

Sorry to break it to you guys, but Crede > Fields.

This is no different than the endless BA, BMAC and countless other never-beens this community latches onto like a bunch of girls fawning over Hannah Montana.

Give it a rest. :P

Oh, and for the record, I like Fields, but I think Crede is better at this stage.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
Great post, between this and and using Dotel instead of Linebrink, it wasn't Ozzie's greatest game.

What is the reasoning behind Linebrink instead of Dotel? For me in a tie game, I look to the guy who has been a closer, because essentially he was asked to do just that, and not give up any runs. Its not really a set up role that we were asking, which is what Linebrink has always been asked to do.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
What is the reasoning behind Linebrink instead of Dotel? For me in a tie game, I look to the guy who has been a closer, because essentially he was asked to do just that, and not give up any runs. Its not really a set up role that we were asking, which is what Linebrink has always been asked to do.

Ya, that move doesn't bother me at all. Dotel just made a dumb mistake by throwing a meaty pitch with a 1-2 count.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Whats with this community? Why all the sudden Crede hatred and the thinking that Fields is the next coming of God?!

This is no different than the endless BA, BMAC and countless other never-beens this community latches onto like a bunch of girls fawning over Hannah Montana.

Oh, and for the record, I like Fields, but I think Crede is better at this stage.

I still miss Snopek.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)

Bravo! I'm puzzled too by all the Crede hatred/Fields worship. The Uribe hatred: well deserved. Oh, hatred is the wrong word, but I've had it with Uribe's weak stick. With the addition of Cabrera (and Alexi) I thought Juan was as good as gone. There is no need for him.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:20 AM)
Bravo! I'm puzzled too by all the Crede hatred/Fields worship. The Uribe hatred: well deserved. Oh, hatred is the wrong word, but I've had it with Uribe's weak stick. With the addition of Cabrera (and Alexi) I thought Juan was as good as gone. There is no need for him.

Cheap potential is God around here.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
Cheap potential is God around here.

If we had real cheap potential, we would be discussing how great Miguel Cabreras first game would be for us. Remember young good cheap prospects under control for a long time are the new currency of the MLB.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:27 AM)
If we had real cheap potential, we would be discussing how great Miguel Cabreras first game would be for us. Remember young good cheap prospects under control for a long time are the new currency of the MLB.

Long term contracts are evil around here ;) plus we then trade prospects at exactly the right time to win now. :P

Fields hit 23 home runs last season in less than 400 ab's. The talent is obvious and I think most people at this point just believe Josh is the better baseball player. Right now, Crede has just as much to prove, if not more than Fields does.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
Fields hit 23 home runs last season in less than 400 ab's. The talent is obvious and I think most people at this point just believe Josh is the better baseball player. Right now, Crede has just as much to prove, if not more than Fields does.

They both have the same to prove, can they play like a healthy Crede for a full season at the MLB level.

Can Crede do it again, can Fields do it once. I believe they both can.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
They both have the same to prove, can they play like a healthy Crede for a full season at the MLB level.

Can Crede do it again, can Fields do it once. I believe they both can.

So the fact that Fields was nearly more productive in his 400 ABs doesn't count because it wasn't a full season? That's BS.