May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
I dont care how impulsive it seems: CQ !!!! bring on CQ.

Ill second that, but Swish would have to move over to Center

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
When will Brian be traded? I hope soon.

how about a BA and Crede package ... I can see all the teams jumping at once right now ................

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Yep, I'm the only one criticizing Ramirez.

You have a history of criticizing every player on the White Sox. Give me a break. We're 11 innings into the season.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
You have a history of criticizing every player on the White Sox. Give me a break. We're 11 innings into the season.

There's a difference between optimism and realism. This is a case of the latter.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)

And you have a history of focusing on criticizing other people's posts than actually saying anything about the game. I'll be content if you just don't respond to another post I make all year....it will probably make you happier. Look around, I'm not even close to being the most negative poster on here.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
after konerko walked and dye got ahead in the count....its nice to see AJ and alexei going after the first pitch and grounding out

Thats why I said earlier Swisher is wasted leading off, b/c he provides what Ozzie is looking for in that 6th spot. When the sluggers at 3,4,5 get on base its obvious Ozzie is looking for someone that is patient, not a liability with speed, and can hit. Thats exactly what Swisher provides, and thats why Ozzie juggled AJ and Alexi in the 6 hole today and yesterday. Alexi hitting 6th to breakup the lumberjacks and slow pokes on the basepaths, and AJ hitting 6th today cuz he can hit, unlike Alexi, but AJ is slow and doesn't work counts so thats where Swisher comes in. I understand though we dont have a leadoff hitter with Owens hurt, but when owens starts Swisher should be batting 6th hands down.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
And you have a history of focusing on criticizing other people's posts than actually saying anything about the game. I'll be content if you just don't respond to another post I make all year....it will probably make you happier. Look around, I'm not even close to being the most negative poster on here.

Just for s***s and giggles, I'll respond to this one. And as far as my history of criticizing posts, I'll just go ahead and let you sit on your high horse for that one. I now recall why I have avoided game threads for the past season and a half.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)

I agree that it is way too soon to be calling for him to grab the bench... you have to at least give him a little bit of time to settle in, he probably has some serious nerves out there. Lets remember that he is a rookie that just defected from Cuba in his first MLB game(s). He had a great spring and earned his spot on the team. Now... should it be in CF? I would argue no. But Im ready to give him a little slack if he gets off to a slower start than we would hope. There are others on the team, who have been in the majors for much longer who deserve to be on a short leash but I think Alexei needs a little bit of room to grow.

But, that just my opinion.

Edited by southsidehawkeye