May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Just how short is Alexi's leash. This is his first stint at professional baseball in America. Sending him down won't wreck his career, but keeping him up here will hurt the team.

I just dont think you can have him protecting Jermaine Dye in your opening game, and then just move him down one slot, and now have AJP protecting Dye, even better right.

Ramirez needs to find himself batting 9th and playing 2B. We better see some CQ tonight

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE(southsidehawkeye @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:42 PM)
I agree that it is way too soon to be calling for him to grab the bench... you have to at least give him a little bit of time to settle in, he probably has some serious nerves out there. Lets remember that he is a rookie that just defected from Cuba in his first MLB game(s). He had a great spring and earned his spot on the team, now should it be in CF? I would argue no. But Im ready to give him a little slack if he gets off to a slower start than we would hope. There are others on the team, who have been in the majors for much longer who deserve to be on a short leash but I think Alexei needs a little bit of room to grow.

But, that just my opinion.

Here's the problem with that....all offseason, we've heard how vital it is for the Sox to come out of the gates strong. With our early schedule, we can't afford the growing pains that Ramirez is likely to go through. I also don't understand why we have him batting 7th instead of 9th.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
Sizemore absolutely kills us. Those damn walks always come back to bite us too.

hes good, but theres no way hes this good against the rest of the league...if he was hed be the best player in the history of baseball....it seems like every series we play against the indians he has 2 HR and boatload of killer RBIs

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
Here's the problem with that....all offseason, we've heard how vital it is for the Sox to come out of the gates strong. With our early schedule, we can't afford the growing pains that Ramirez is likely to go through. I also don't understand why we have him batting 7th instead of 9th.

take a look at whos batting 9th ....thats why

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
Just for s***s and giggles, I'll respond to this one. And as far as my history of criticizing posts, I'll just go ahead and let you sit on your high horse for that one. I now recall why I have avoided game threads for the past season and a half.

So I'm going to blame you then for the fact the Sox have sucked for the last year and a half. You need to be in every thread for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Crede showing why hes up here on the team and we dont have anyone waiting to take over for him

great at-bat for him

It's not even worth making comments every time. You just have to shake your head.

outside of the one HR crede hit in ST against the giants....has he hit a ball hard yet? i guess the double yesterday, but he didnt hit anything hard in ST at all....like 3 of his like 7 hits were IF hits...

indians announcers are ragging on uribes free swinging....pretty funny

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
Substitute Crede, Uribe, and Ramirez with Fields, Ramirez, and Anderson and I would feel so much better with our team.

Id give Anderson a game then cross him out and put in CQ .. and thats only me being nice .. I would so rather see CQ in there

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
Substitute Crede, Uribe, and Ramirez with Fields, Ramirez, and Anderson and I would feel so much better with our team.

I honestly think Ozuna's our best 2nd base bet right now. At least he provides energy.

See this is why the Sox had to be patient and get to Carmona in the second. Of course that's a wish that will never be granted. Now Carmona is feeling it...at least against Uribe and Crede.