Positive Catch All

Texsox

When you are having trouble getting laid at the bar you bang the first fat chick you can get attention from. It might not be ideal but at the end of the night you still got laid and that's better than nothing. That's what this game was. I didn't like the bullpen making it into a game, but Carlos and Joe delivered and that's all that matters.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
I love the way the ball jumps off of Quentin's bat.

exactly...this was such a steal....387 on base, .541 sluggin .928 OPS....and dont let the low BA fool anyone....his BABIP was just .220 a few days ago...and is likely to trend up toward .300 as the year goes on

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
Even if the season is a disappointment, at this point in time(a lot could change) the Sox have 3 solid young players in Quentin-Floyd-Danks that will make things much easier on Williams.

I would include Fields in that, and Swisher's locked up for so long, I consider those 5 and Jenks as the future of this team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Never in a million years did I think I would be disappointed in seeing Gavin Floyd go 6 innings, 3 runs (2 earned) when he had no command of his fastball.

True that. And I never thought we'd be in first place, even if it is like a 14-11 record.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
technically we carried had a 2 game winning streak coming into this game..and even though we lost it seems like people on here are acting like we were on a 5 game losing streak

Yesterday's debacle felt like a loss. Tomorrow's game I am tempted to pencil in as a loss w/ Massett v. a guy who came pretty close to shutting us down when we resembled a decent hitting team. He should have a field day tomorrow.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:03 AM)
Weren't you just saying how we should be concerned over Jenks yesterday? You wanna get your stories straight.

Of course I'm concerned about him, but he's going to be with this organization for a long time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Never in a million years did I think I would be disappointed in seeing Gavin Floyd go 6 innings, 3 runs (2 earned) when he had no command of his fastball.

Or any other pitch for that matter...

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Box score has all three being earned, but yes I am disapointed too.

if the third is earned, it certainly wasnt floyds fault...cabrera rushes a throw to first and makes a bad throw on a play uribe makes in his sleep...Young steals and AJ airmails it into center and young goes to third....then scores on a sac fly

cabreras wasnt an error but it was certainly a play most shortstops make

Edited by daa84

Well, this needs a bump.

Coming into the season it was a rough opening month. After it is all said and done they're over .500 and in first by a game and a half.

Yes, I know they took advantage of the Tigers when they were down, but that's a good thing! They beat a team when they were vulnerable, nothing wrong with that