Negative Catch All ~ House of Blues

Texsox

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well kids, button them up because the ride is about to get real bumpy.

Twinks

@Seattle

@LA Angels

@ San Fran ( we luck out so far with the back end of their rotation facing Cain on the Sunday)

Cleveland

Angels

@ Cleveland

@ Tampa

Yikes

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
As bad as Swisher has supposedly been offensively, his OBP is better than Pods' was in 2005. He is scoring runs at a higher rate than Pods did in 2005 and he is driving in runs at a higher rate than Pods did in 2005.

To be fair, Pods didn't cost you your 3 best prospects.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 13, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
Where is our Edison Voloquez?

I guarantee you could have got Hamilton for less than we gave up to get Swisher. I understand being concerned about the history/injury stuff though, but he would have been a great high risk, high reward type acquisition.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
To be fair, Pods didn't cost you your 3 best prospects.

Carlos Lee might be a more productive player than anyone traded this off season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
might? Stat wise, Carlos Lee's one of the top sluggers in the game this decade.

I didn't want to make a definitive proclamation about guys that haven't had a chance yet. But yeah, we gave up a lot of Pods.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Instead of trading him for prospects that could have helped us, we give Buehrle a huge extension last July. Looks like this will be a move that we will regret for a long time, Buehrle looks washed up.

lol. Like who?

...And give me one good reason why re-signing Buehrle was a bad idea at the time.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
lol. Like who?

...And give me one good reason why re-signing Buehrle was a bad idea at the time.

He's been losing velocity (of which he never had much) for going on 3 years now (aka since after 2005), and contrary to what KW thinks, this team should have been rebuilding last offseason and last July. So not only was it dumb because we should have been rebuilding, it was dumb because we gave a pitcher obviously in decline after a lot of innings a huge extension.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:31 AM)
He's been losing velocity (of which he never had much) for going on 3 years now (aka since after 2005), and contrary to what KW thinks, this team should have been rebuilding last offseason and last July. So not only was it dumb because we should be rebuilding, it was dumb because we gave a pitcher obviously in decline after a lot of innings a huge extension.

While wins don't mean everything, his win/loss record over the past few seasons is awful.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
He's been losing velocity (of which he never had much) for going on 3 years now (aka since after 2005), and contrary to what KW thinks, this team should have been rebuilding last offseason and last July. So not only was it dumb because we should have been rebuilding, it was dumb because we gave a pitcher obviously in decline after a lot of innings a huge extension.

Hindsight at its absolute finest

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Hindsight at its absolute finest

Except for the fact that I and a lot of others here (probably the majority in fact) thought it would have been the right move to trade him at the time. It's not hinsight when you said it as it happened.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:34 AM)
Except for the fact that I and a lot of others here (probably the majority in fact) thought it would have been the right move to trade him at the time. It's not hinsight when you said it as it happened.

Don't forget that Orlando Cabrera's defense has absolutely destroyed Buehrle this season. OC, without his amazing luck, could easily have 10 errors this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
YOU SUCK ORLANDO CABRERA!

Taken from the game thread;

This came from whitesox.com

Tidbits

Shortstop Orlando Cabrera received his trophy for winning the 2007 Rawlings Gold Glove prior to Monday's series opener. It was presented by Angels manager Mike Scioscia and was accompanied by a standing ovation from the Halos faithful. "I didn't think I was ever going to say this before, but I really miss the place," said Cabrera of Anaheim. "I really miss my ex-teammates. Those guys were great to me. The fans here are probably the best fans in baseball right now. I really miss it. Slowly, I'm making the transition to Chicago."

To repeat myself, he is a whiny b**** who does nothing that he was brought in to do. He has no fire or leadership skill. Maybe Edgar was right. "It's too cold and I miss my friends," what a dickhead.