Negative Catch All ~ House of Blues

Texsox

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part is, there aren't many changes that can be made. We already changed the lineup, Alexei playing everyday has already helped since he's hitting .300 since he started playing everyday, OC has been a bit better lately, and we're STILL not scoring. The offense just sucks, and all we can do is pray we hit enough home runs and have enough pitching to win this s***ty division. I doubt we can win the division this way though, which is sad because our pitching has been great.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Time to play Toby Hall at first. :P

lol

bring up lucy as backup catcher, DH Toby Hall so we can get his bat & AJ's bat in the lineup at the same time

Toby is not a power hitter but he's a smart hitter IMO, and even though i think his numbers will even out, i think he is capable of .250-.275 RIGHT NOW vs our other option at DH who, lets be honest, isn't doing anything for this team right now except hitting the ball when nobody is on base, and striking out when there are RISP

i'm not inferring that Toby is the long-term solution for the year, but until Thome starts fixing whatever is wrong (It's not walker), maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
The worst part is, there aren't many changes that can be made. We already changed the lineup, Alexei playing everyday has already helped since he's hitting .300 since he started playing everyday, OC has been a bit better lately, and we're STILL not scoring. The offense just sucks, and all we can do is pray we hit enough home runs and have enough pitching to win this s***ty division. I doubt we can win the division this way though, which is sad because our pitching has been great.

Agreed about our hitting sucking and the prospects of it improving being slim. Swisher and OC will get better, but Quentin and AJ aren't going to be able to carry the offense all season and will most likely tail off somewhat. Paulie will be playing through a nagging injury for the rest of the season, Crede isn't going to repeat late 2005/early 2006, Dye won't repeat 2006, and Thome looks like he's done. This lineup is old and it's showing.

That said, the Sox still have a really good shot to win the Central. The Royals and Tigers are terrible and the Indians will struggle to win 85 games this season (and that's assuming that their lineup begins to hit). And, as usual, the Twins simply don't have the talent/resources to dominate. If the Sox continue pitching the way that they are, they could probably take the Central with 89 wins.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
If your going to make a crazy move, you bench Swish, move Alexei to CF, waive Uribe, and call up either Richar or Getz (probably Getz right now) and play him at 2B. That'll never happen though of course.

Trade Egbert and Richar (I don't think organization is too high on him) for C. Guzman, and then play him at 2nd base and leadoff. Move Ramirez to CF, and have Swisher rotate around the field and play 4 games a week until he gets it going.

i think we will see changes sooner rather than later, i just have a hunch

probably within the next 10-20 days would be my guess, KW wants to win, he has a hardcore winners attitude and is very proactive, he sees our pitching and he'll do anything he can to tweak this ballclub

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
That said, the Sox still have a really good shot to win the Central. The Royals and Tigers are terrible and the Indians will struggle to win 85 games this season (and that's assuming that their lineup begins to hit). And, as usual, the Twins simply don't have the talent/resources to dominate. If the Sox continue pitching the way that they are, they could probably take the Central with 89 wins.

I still think Tigers have a good shot to win the division. Maybe not by 10 games though!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Trade Egbert and Richar (I don't think organization is too high on him) for C. Guzman, and then play him at 2nd base and leadoff. Move Ramirez to CF, and have Swisher rotate around the field and play 4 games a week until he gets it going.

That move won't do anything. We need productive middle of the order hitters. Either have our own get going or bring in other guys who can.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
That move won't do anything. We need productive middle of the order hitters. Either have our own get going or bring in other guys who can.

Good luck trying to acquire middle of the order guys. This move allows OC to move into the 2nd spot, and you can put AJP into the middle of the lineup.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
If your going to make a crazy move, you bench Swish, move Alexei to CF, waive Uribe, and call up either Richar or Getz (probably Getz right now) and play him at 2B. That'll never happen though of course.

It wouldn't because it would make the team worse.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)

You ever get the feeling that some of Getz's family members post on here? In all seriousness, Uribe is the least of our worries. Ramirez will continue to play as long as he's doing good.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
I still think Tigers have a good shot to win the division. Maybe not by 10 games though!

Doubt it, their pitching is worse than our offense, plus they are in a big hole right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)

First off that's wrong, our offense really can't get worse. Second off, if you want to be a little dick, that's fine, but please bless us with your thoughts on how to make this better.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Doubt it, their pitching is worse than our offense, plus they are in a big hole right now.

Aren't they only like 5 games behind the Sox? Their offense has also been putting up some big numbers lately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
You ever get the feeling that some of Getz's family members post on here? In all seriousness, Uribe is the least of our worries. Ramirez will continue to play as long as he's doing good.

Uribe can't even hit the Mendoza line, not sure how he's the least of our worries.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
Uribe can't even hit the Mendoza line, not sure how he's the least of our worries.

Cause he didn't even play this weekend. Unless the Suck Patrol can get going, this team is in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)

The 23-32 Tigers who have three starters with ERAs well over 5.00? I agree that they have the talent, but it would take way too many players to turn around their games. Rogers, Pudge, and Sheffield are done, Verlander has lost a ton of velocity, Zumaya is hurt, and Todd Jones is still their closer. Even if their offense turns into the juggernaut that they were supposed to be, they don't have the pitching to reach the playoffs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)

If it if you and Uribe left standing over the last slice of pizza, you better worry.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
Aren't they only like 5 games behind the Sox? Their offense has also been putting up some big numbers lately.

They entered the day 7 back. If they lose today, they are 10 under. And they are us in reverse, great hitting and no pitching. As bad as it is to be our team right now, it's worse to be the one who can't get anybody out.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
The 23-32 Tigers who have three starters with ERAs well over 5.00? I agree that they have the talent, but it would take way too many players to turn around their games. Rogers, Pudge, and Sheffield are done, Verlander has lost a ton of velocity, Zumaya is hurt, and Todd Jones is still their closer. Even if their offense turns into the juggernaut that they were supposed to be, they don't have the pitching to reach the playoffs.

Zumaya and Rodney are supposed to be back in 10 days. If it comes down to our hitting improving or their pitching improving....maybe I'll take the Twins!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)

Second off, if you want to be a little dick, that's fine, but please bless us with your thoughts on how to make this better.

You might want to take that back.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Zumaya and Rodney are supposed to be back in 10 days. If it comes down to our hitting improving or their pitching improving....maybe I'll take the Twins!

Rodney is overrated, although Zumaya is a problem obviously IF he can stay healthy. As for the Twins, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win this wretched division, these are the kinds of AL Centrals they won earlier this decade.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
You might want to take that back.

What are you going to do, get me banned? I don't care.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
They entered the day 7 back. If they lose today, they are 10 under. And they are us in reverse, great hitting and no pitching. As bad as it is to be our team right now, it's worse to be the one who can't get anybody out.

If their offense is so great, how come they have been shutout 9 times and held to 2 or less runs 21 times, and 3 or less runs 27 times?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
If their offense is so great, how come they have been shutout 9 times and held to 2 or less runs 21 times, and 3 or less runs 27 times?

That is true, and yet another reason why I don't understand how people think Detroit is still in it. They suck, too much to even win this division. They are 3rd in the AL in runs though, so they've come on lately.