Negative Catch All ~ House of Blues

Texsox

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Rodney is overrated, although Zumaya is a problem obviously IF he can stay healthy. As for the Twins, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win this wretched division, these are the kinds of AL Centrals they won earlier this decade.

Agreed about Rodney. He wasn't very good last year when he was healthy. And it remains to be seen if post-injury Zumaya will be anything like pre-injury Zyumaya... or if he will even stay healthy, for that matter. The Tigers have some very serious age/injury/steroids-withdrawal issues right now and it would take a minor miracle for them to reach the playoffs this year.

The Twins and Indians appear to be the Sox's only real competition this year.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
I never thought I'd say this, but the Sox failing to sign Rowand has killed us so far this season.

Not as much as Fukudome turning us down because he wanted to be a teams first Japanese player has. I mean, it's not like I'd trade getting Iguchi for anything since it helped us win a title, but if we had Fukudome in CF and leading off, we'd be awfully good.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Not as much as Fukudome turning us down because he wanted to be a teams first Japanese player has. I mean, it's not like I'd trade getting Iguchi for anything since it helped us win a title, but if we had Fukudome in CF and leading off, we'd be awfully good.

And the Cubs would have ended up trading for Swisher, according to the rumors. However, I'll never believe the Sox were really that close to signing Fuku.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
And the Cubs would have ended up trading for Swisher, according to the rumors. However, I'll never believe the Sox were really that close to signing Fuku.

It's pretty common knowledge we offered him more money than the Cubs did, so we couldn't have been that far away from getting him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)

I agree. The Sox supposedly offerred more money, but he was ticketed to the Cubs probably even before it was assummed Hunter would be a White Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
I agree. The Sox supposedly offerred more money, but he was ticketed to the Cubs probably even before it was assummed Hunter would be a White Sox.

They offered more money, but he was set on playing RF and being the first Japanese Cubs player. He didn't want to play CF, and I can see why after he played there for one game for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
We're 10-17 against teams with winning records.

Serious question: what was our record against winning teams in the regular season of 05?

Honestly, with this club, lets just some how get into the playoffs and I really think we'd make some noise.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
First off that's wrong, our offense really can't get worse.

You'd be very surprised.

I had no problem with the possibility of giving Getz a chance to take over 2B when Uribe was terrible, Alexei looked terrible, and Richar was obviously hurt. Alexei has stepped up and pretty much taken the job, so Getz should be nowhere near the MLB roster unless it's September or Pablo/Uribe is hurt.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
Serious question: what was our record against winning teams in the regular season of 05?

Honestly, with this club, lets just some how get into the playoffs and I really think we'd make some noise.

I hear what you're saying and I wasn't really trying to make any point, just throwing out a stat. 06 Cardinals showed it really doesn't matter what the records are, it's how you do in the postseason.