Negative Catch All ~ House of Blues

Texsox

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 03:33 AM)
^^^ Agreed

Snacks and Cakes seems to be working real hard his free agent season. He may hit .225 this year with his approach.

I'm really confused by his "new" approach. He's really far off of the plate. The problem is this is inviting the opposing pitcher to throw even more sliders than usual. We all know these are the pitches that Uribe struggles with. If anything, he should be right on top of the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm really confused by his "new" approach. He's really far off of the plate. The problem is this is inviting the opposing pitcher to throw even more sliders than usual. We all know these are the pitches that Uribe struggles with. If anything, he should be right on top of the plate.

He is off the plate with an open stance, trying to park every pitch onto the fundamentals area. Its not hard to see how he would struggle with low and away pitchers, and those with a changeup or a slider. What you see is why he was traded from the Rockies.

Juan Uribe went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts Friday versus the Tigers.

Uribe is batting .167 with one run scored and two RBI in 30 at-bats. If this is the best he can do, the White Sox should be looking at other options at second base. Alexei Ramirez still hasn't seen any time at all at the position since the end of the spring.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
He is off the plate with an open stance, trying to park every pitch onto the fundamentals area. Its not hard to see how he would struggle with low and away pitchers, and those with a changeup or a slider. What you see is why he was traded from the Rockies.

Rockies?

Uribe is just never going to put it together.

I hope that the poor hitting of Uribe gets us some Ramirez over there, or maybe Richar. Similarly, I hope MacD pitches himself to Charlotte and we get Wassermann back. And if Owens comes back and is just the 4th OF, if he comes back up at all, we'd have a trifecta of improvements on the team, and the talent will finally be in the right spots.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
Uribe is just never going to put it together.

I hope that the poor hitting of Uribe gets us some Ramirez over there, or maybe Richar. Similarly, I hope MacD pitches himself to Charlotte and we get Wassermann back. And if Owens comes back and is just the 4th OF, if he comes back up at all, we'd have a trifecta of improvements on the team, and the talent will finally be in the right spots.

Jerry Owens should NOT replace Brian Anderson unless Richar can't come back at all. I'd rather have BA's defense available than Owens's legs, as long as we can get a lefty bat on the bench.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
Does anyone know what is going on with richar? How much longer he has, how he is, etc?

While Sisco will be out of action for the foreseeable future, the news was positive on Wednesday concerning second baseman Danny Richar and outfielder Jerry Owens. Richar, who was placed on the disabled list during Spring Training with a fracture of his first left rib, is feeling good but still a couple of weeks away from any sort of baseball activity.

Owens, sidelined by a partial right adductor tear, should begin a Minor League rehab assignment this weekend.

Most recent update I could find.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
Nice, thanks. So maybe he is back before may. It would be great to platoon 2nd if not just start Richar everyday. Uribe is trash.

Honestly, I'm really, really surprised we haven't seen Alexei get any time there yet.

This will be an interesting week. 5 wins this year have been against the Tigers who they own anyway. Now they face team actually playing well. This week will be a better indication of this team's ability.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
Maybe the fact that we have dominated the Tigers is more indicative of the strength of the Sox as opposed to the suckiness of the Tigers.

Well, we lost 2 of 3 vs. Cleveland, and split with Minnesota. Both teams are at or below .500. That doesn't bode too well, though I suspect we'll find out more about this team in the series vs. the A's.

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 12:39 AM)
Well, we lost 2 of 3 vs. Cleveland, and split with Minnesota. Both teams are at or below .500. That doesn't bode too well, though I suspect we'll find out more about this team in the series vs. the A's.

I thought we looked like a superior team than Minnesota though...Danks and Masset blew up against them, but all 4 of the other starters have looked OK thus far. I also thought they looked pretty good against Cleveland too and the Sox could have won that series too - we all know about the opening day fiasco.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 02:29 AM)
Maybe the fact that we have dominated the Tigers is more indicative of the strength of the Sox as opposed to the suckiness of the Tigers.

Maybe. But we dominate the Tigers even when they are good.

Vintage 2007 Sox plate approach tonight. 1 walk drawn in 7 innings against some soft tossing lefty that walked 5 in 6 innings last time out. Tons of pop ups, including two with 2-0 counts and men on base (Crede and Konerko). 2 runners picked off 1st because they were not paying attention. It's one thing to lose, but lack of concentration was our doom tonight at the dish.

Also, Thome needs a day off. We face a couple more lefties this week and he needs to sit at least against one of them, because he is lost right now. He will bounce back, but he's killing us right now and needs a day or two.

Edited by whitesoxfan101