Contreras vs. Robertson (BORING!)

TitoMB345

With the way the Tigers are PRANCING off of the field after Nate's 1-2-3 inning, they know they can get their first win today. The Tigers know Contreras has NOTHING and absolutely BLOWS. if the Tigers' body language is any indicator, they're about to blow this game wide open.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:20 PM)
I know it, it seems as of Ozzie still hangs on to the '05 and even the '06 Jose rather than the Jose of late...he just doesnt have it anymore

I'm not sure about that. Whatever Contreras is missing in terms of confidence, he needs to @#$!#@ find it. I saw him in a few ST games and he looks great, good velocity, good stuff...he just need to believe in himself again.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
With the way the Tigers are PRANCING off of the field after Nate's 1-2-3 inning, they know they can get their first win today. The Tigers know Contreras has NOTHING and absolutely BLOWS. if the Tigers' body language is any indicator, they're about to blow this game wide open.

Yay...lets get creamed.

where was that second pitch to polanco????

just cuz it doesnt hit the cather right in the mit and AJ had to reach for it doesnt mean it didnt cross the plate...thats my #1 peave with umpires

QUOTE(heirdog @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
Who was that hayseed from Detroit a couple years ago that started off batting like .700 with 10 dingers (Chris something I think)...is that Charles Thomas this year?

shelton

QUOTE(heirdog @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Who was that hayseed from Detroit a couple years ago that started off batting like .700 with 10 dingers (Chris something I think)...is that Charles Thomas this year?

Chris Shelton?

Conteras's issues can be tied to his arm angle. During ST, his arm angle was up high. He had good velocity, with the arm up high you can drive down on the splitter and you get the backward motion that creates the tumble action.

Side arm Contreras throws with less velocity, the side arm motion creates a sailing action that raises the ball in the zone. You cannot pull down.