Contreras vs. Robertson (BORING!)

TitoMB345

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
this question is late but I was ridiculously held up for no good reason this morning and had a lunch appointment, so what's up with Granderson? Is he hurt?

Yes, DL.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this question is late but I was ridiculously held up for no good reason this morning and had a lunch appointment, so what's up with Granderson? Is he hurt?

yes but he'll be back soon. right now, tigger fans are using the Chicagoan's injury as an excuse for being the only winless team in Major League Baseball.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)

Granderson to have X-rays Saturday

Tigers center fielder treating broken bone in hand with caution

DETROIT -- Injured Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson said before Tuesday's game against the Royals that he will have X-rays taken on Saturday on the broken bone in his right hand.

Granderson hopes to see improvement, but regardless of the results, he will remain careful. He has not picked up a ball or bat since being hit by a fastball from Phillies pitcher Travis Blackley in a Spring Training game on March 22. He also has not run any sprints to avoid any possible contact.

He will likely have another X-ray exam taken after another two weeks.

"I'm being cautious," Granderson said. "I'm not 100 percent, and I don't want to make it worse."

Even if the X-ray results are positive, Granderson will not take batting practice until he can swing and miss without pain. Past experience tells him that's a major checkpoint in his recovery.

"When I injured my pinkie in '05, swinging and missing caused the most pain," Granderson said, "so that's how I'll know I'm ready to go."

When asked by reporters if he would be willing to go to Triple-A Toledo for rehab assignments after he gets off the 15-day disabled list, Granderson said he would prefer to stay with the Tigers, but he would gladly play in Toledo if it aids his recovery.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland said he will wait to see the results of the X-rays and how Granderson progresses.

"That's one of those things where nature needs to take its course," Leyland said.

Brandon Inge has played center field in Granderson's absence, and Granderson has been impressed. He saw Inge play center in 2004, but he likes how quickly Inge has adapted to playing the position after playing third base for three years.

"He's got a great arm, and when you have a great arm, you can play just about anywhere," Granderson said of Inge. "He's been great out there."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

wow, this Tigers pen has a chance to be bad in epic proportions and Farmer mentioned Rodney and Zumya will still be out for a little while

And Zumaya will never be the same. He wasn't even good when he came back last year.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
This ump can't decide where that side of the plate is.

Stone through (this is the edit, i meant threw, it has been a long day) a dig in about the home plate ump in that half inning

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Stone through (this is the edit, i meant threw, it has been a long day) a dig in about the home plate ump in that half inning

You've confused me greatly. I've been watching the whole game and he can't decide what is inside against right handed hitters. Am I supposed to make that observation in the 2nd inning?

The tigers bullpen is doing fantastic today

in living up to what they are ... crap. Nice to see

Also nice to see Carlos Quentin with a homer, that is great, and I started watching right when Logan came in so that next offensive inning with the AJP homer was a great one, I hope AJP continues it. Dotel pitched one inning that looked like s*** and now since he has pitched 1.1 innings and has looked great. Go Sox!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
how hot is this? when logan, dotel, linebrink and jenks are on it's a pretty sick bullpen.

yeah and you can even throw thronton in there when hes on....that gives us a chance to cover alot of innings too...i mean look at today, we got a bad start from contreras...he went 5 and we were still able to have a dependable pitcher pitch each inning thereafter....thats pretty good