TitoMB345

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Jones might be garbage but against us he is Babe Jones

except for mark buerhle...who he was like 0 for his first 33 against...i think he got a hit off of him last year though

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
So then if Buerhle's first start last season was like his first start this season, with as awful of a second half he had in 2006, he would be done. Stick a fork in him. Your argument is beyond ridiculous. If Gavin Floyd had the same start Contreras is having today, there would be people on here that would be excited.

Your argument is ridiculous in that you are comparing a pitcher in his prime (Buehrle) with a guy who appears to have lost it. Contreras hasn't even come close to impersonating anything competent on the mound in two years now.

You don't dump a pitcher who is just 'struggling', unless you have reason to believe he is finished as a credible starting pitcher.

When Buehrle struggled it was confusing to EVERYONE...because he seemed to be pitching the same as before (this is why people thought he was tipping his pitches).

Contreras has the look of a pitcher who is washed up...he's not only pitching poorly, but he gives no indication there is anything left in the tank...inconsistent and diminishing velocity (remember when he could hit 95+ on the gun?), the obsession to use the sidearm and/or junk pitches tells me he's done.

If he's not done...FINE, then let him pitch out the pen in mopup duties to prove it.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
an invisible force is trying to give us this game, but the players won't take it

with as bad as jose has pitched today it's surprising detroit doesn't have 12-13 runs on the board by now, especially with that first inning bases loaded situation

I bet the tigers fans are saying the same thing about robertson.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Buehrle's first start last season ended early because he took a line drive off his hand... didn't even matter in the end. Contreras on the other hand had an even worse outing last year than he is having now and followed it up with a season even a #5 starter would be ashamed of.

You are missing my point. You say since Contreras was bad last year, and shaky his first start this year, he is done. Buerhle was bad in 2006. If his first start in 2007 was like his start this year on opening day, he would be in the same spot, and I suppose to you that is stick a fork in him done.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
that's a very fun age, isn't it?

If "fun" is described as "having everything in the house destroyed and thrown down the stairwell while he giggles" then yeah, it's a blast.

But seriously it really is fun.