2008 General Election Discussion Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
www.BigSqwert2012.com should be up and running soon. You'll have an option to become a "Super Sqwerter" if you sign up an additional 5 volunteers.

I'm already a member, at, how should I say this, a "different" Sqwerter website.....is the membership there the same as for your website?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Anybody post this yet?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...mmentator-says/

GOP commentator calls for Palin to step down... hilarious.

Between this past week's events, McCain declaring debate victory, Palin's interviews, and now this - that campaigns having a great time of things.

About ten posts above you. Text included.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
It amazes me how bad both VP candidates are. Palin is worse, but they both just completely suck. It has ruined whatever enthusiasm I had about the presidential candidates, because I question their decison making everytime I see their VP's.

the both picked someone based on making parts of their political base happy.

Biden to appease 'blue collar' white guy Democrats.

Palin to appease evangelicals.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
the both picked someone based on making parts of their political base happy.

Biden to appease 'blue collar' white guy Democrats.

Palin to appease evangelicals.

disagree completely. Biden actually ENHANCES Obama's presidency - while Palin was PURELY a political move.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
disagree completely. Biden actually ENHANCES Obama's presidency - while Palin was PURELY a political move.

IMO Biden enhances nothing. He's fairly incompetent and a gaffe machine. I don't think he brings much to an administration, besides flubs and being a national windsock.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
It amazes me how bad both VP candidates are. Palin is worse, but they both just completely suck. It has ruined whatever enthusiasm I had about the presidential candidates, because I question their decison making everytime I see their VP's.

From a pure issues, knowledge, and depth standpoint, Biden >>>>>>>>>> Palin. Biden's negatives are mostly because he says really dumb things in public and doesn't think before he speaks. But hell, Bush is famous for that.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 12:18 PM)
IMO Biden enhances nothing. He's fairly incompetent and a gaffe machine. I don't think he brings much to an administration, besides flubs and being a national windsock.

have you even watched him take questions? watch an interview on MTP between him and Brokaw, and you'll see why he's infinitely better than Palin. He actually understands foreign policy, he is intelligent, and is perfectly capable of taking over the Presidency it that need happen. You can't say ANY of those about Palin.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
have you even watched him take questions? watch an interview on MTP between him and Brokaw, and you'll see why he's infinitely better than Palin. He actually understands foreign policy, he is intelligent, and is perfectly capable of taking over the Presidency it that need happen. You can't say ANY of those about Palin.

I saw it and wasn't impressed. I've seen Biden answer questions plenty of times. BTW, being 'better than Palin' isn't much of compliment. It's like arguing that a baseball player is good because "he has a better batting average than Nick Swisher". What that tells me is your guy can hit about .219 :lol:

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
I saw it and wasn't impressed. I've seen Biden answer questions plenty of times. BTW, being 'better than Palin' isn't much of compliment. It's like arguing that a baseball player is good because "he has a better batting average than Nick Swisher". What that tells me is your guy can hit about .219 :lol:

Infinitely better than .219 would be something like .325 fwiw.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Infinitely better than .219 would be something like .325 fwiw.

why compare it to swisher than? say he can hit better than jeter :D . yes i know, compare him to palin bacause she is on the GOP ticket. still, giving better interviews than palin doesn't make me think he is much of a VP.

Biden isn't that great, but i've never thought he was valuable, regardless if he's on the Obama ticket or not. go figure.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
why compare it to swisher than? say he can hit better than jeter

Well... that'd be like saying Palin is the equivalent of Jeter which is silly. Which would make Biden... what, JFK or something? George Washington? :lol:

Hee Hee.

Some people have criticized my decision, but I will never, ever be a president who sits on the sidelines when this country faces a crisis," McCain said today. "Some of you may have noticed, but it's not my style to simply 'phone it in.'

John McCain, today.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wa...0,2146687.story

Even though his campaign is no longer suspended, John McCain is staying in Washington this weekend to keep working on the bailout legislation. He will not be visiting Capitol Hill, however, preferring to work out of his campaign office.

“He can effectively do what he needs to do by phone," said senior adviser Mark Salter. "He’s calling members on both sides, talking to people in the administration, helping out as he can."

Saturday, on the negotiations.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/27/po...ry4482838.shtml