2008 General Election Discussion Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I have a good excuse... newborn. lol

I told my wife we are on a spending freeze, I dont think train tickets or downtown parking is going to fly with her.

Pfffttt! Take the baby with!! :lolhitting

Bri says Hi from her 3rd Bears game :headbang

BriBears.jpg

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
When's the last time we've seen a good old fashioned city wide riot? It has been too long, I'll tell you that much.

IIRC, 2 Halloween's ago in Detroit. Before that... one of the Bulls celebrations I'd guess.

Yeah, McCain is screwed. It's just wishful thinking on my part that Obama will lose and mass rioting will erupt.

Obama isn't setting up this Grant Park rally as an elaborate stage to make a concession speech. His advisors obviously wouldn't have done this if they didn't think the odds were overwhelmingly in their favor. I don't see McCain setting up a huge outdoor rally worth 2 million dollars outside Arizona.

Just remember:

Chris_Rock1200414623temp.jpg

"If Barack Obama wins and you have things to do involving black people the following day............it will NOT get done."

Jeez. 538 poll updates are huge for Obama. Some details...

--2 new FL polls show Obama up by +5 and +7

--2 new Oh polls show Obama up by +11.5 and +14

--2 new IN polls show Obama up by +4 and +9.5

--New MT poll shows Obama up there by +4

--New NC poll shows Obama up +2

--4 new PA polls show Obama +10, +10, +10.4, +13

--MN, IA and WI all show double digit Obama leads

--Even Texas surprises - McCain only up by 10

Good to see the McCain campaign spending their money wisely.

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

$22,800 for two weeks of makeup and $150,000 in clothing. And she likes to point out elitists.

I think there was an entire thread by the conservatives on our site regarding Edwards' $400 haircut.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
Here's another Enquirer story:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/sen_joe_bi...celebrity/65619

Thoughts?

So, I assume you'd hold the same standard to Joe McCain when he abused the 911 service by calling up and complaining about bad traffic?

Shouldn't John be held accountable for his brother? Shouldnt John be held accountable for Joe calling the people of Northern Virginia "communists"?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
Georgia in play?

Obama, 48 percent

McCain, 47 percent

Other, 2 percent

Undecided, 3 percent

I want to see their cross-tabs and compare it to other pollsters, but they only supply the basics. Like, I want to see what they African American % is in their poll. We talked at length that is the Black vote is near 30%, Obama's got a REAL strong chance to squeaking out a win.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
So killing a father of two and leaving him die is the same as calling 911 about traffic? I love the moral equivalency.

hmmmm... no. clearly you are missing the point. It's about holding one's sibling accountable for the actions of another.

Police sources tell KDKA that a campaign worker has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter "B" in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker [...]

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

http://kdka.com/local/attack.McCain.Bloomfield.2.847628.html

What a f***ing idiot

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
$22,800 for two weeks of makeup and $150,000 in clothing. And she likes to point out elitists.

I think there was an entire thread by the conservatives on our site regarding Edwards' $400 haircut.

I saw a Republican Political Blogger in the AM New York today say that $150,000 would have been spent on 10 of Obama's Custom Made Suits.

Ummmm yeah..............