2008 General Election Discussion Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
538 hasnt posted yet today, and I know/have a feeling there will be some real shockers in there.

does 538 get polls before RCP or the general public? Because, I've seen all the polls posted so far today. nothing shocking or anything that makes me jump up and down.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
I like 538's chart the best.

Rasmussen has Obama ahead in FL outside the margin or error (which is really big news) and there was a +2 for Obama in North Dakota.

yea, i noticed the Florida poll. Florida keeps looking better every week.

yea, i noticed the Florida poll. Florida keeps looking better every week.

Rasmussen has kind of been a hold out for Obama in FL, for him to have a lead like is a clear signal. Also, RCP doesn't count Research 2000 polls and 538 does... so we'll see if there is anything there.

side note: I just found this and it's lol.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
Rasmussen has kind of been a hold out for Obama in FL, for him to have a lead like is a clear signal. Also, RCP doesn't count Research 2000 polls and 538 does... so we'll see if there is anything there.

Silver et al. take every bit of data they can get, but what they try to do is say "This poll is typically more friendly to BO than the others" or "This poll was done by Fox" and skew/weight them accordingly after looking at as many of the crosstabs as they can.

Silver et al. take every bit of data they can get, but what they try to do is say "This poll is typically more friendly to BO than the others" or "This poll was done by Fox" and skew/weight them accordingly after looking at as many of the crosstabs as they can.

I think thats a better strategy than RCP's in or out crap.

Oh God sometimes I miss this district...

Two challengers for an Indiana congressional seat have agreed to be hooked up to lie detectors during a debate, but an official with the incumbent's party dismisses the idea as "bizarre."

Ninth District Republican Party Chairman Larry Shickles on Wednesday proposed the political polygraphs for Democratic Rep. Baron Hill, GOP challenger Mike Sodrel and Libertarian candidate Eric Schansberg. The three are scheduled to debate Oct. 21, but an official with a debate co-sponsor said lie detectors won't be included.

"Our planning committee worked up the format and rules, and we are not inviting negotiations from the candidates," Alan Johnson, dean of Vincennes University's Jasper Campus, told The Herald of Jasper.

Shickles, in a letter sent Tuesday to 9th District Democratic Chairman Mike Jones, suggested that the candidates be hooked up to lie detecting machines at the Oct. 21 event or a separate debate.

"While this format may be unusual, I feel strongly that voters need to be able to make a clear decision without all the usual spin," Shickles wrote.

Sodrel's campaign said he would agree to the proposal, and Schansberg said he also would agree to wear a lie detector. Hill declined to comment.

Jones said having a lie detector debate "just seems pretty bizarre."

5000 new voter registrations sunmitted by ACORN in Lake County, Indiana. The first 2100 that were checked are ALL frauds! Indiana sec of state calling for an investigation. ACORN's resonse? 1) We hired some 'bad apples' and 2) it's the government's fault.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
5000 new voter registrations sunmitted by ACORN in Lake County, Indiana. The first 2100 that were checked are ALL frauds! Indiana sec of state calling for an investigation. ACORN's resonse? 1) We hired some 'bad apples' and 2) it's the government's fault.

haha. the Democrats up to their old tricks.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
The arrogance. if anything, will be the downfall. You can never assume that.

Obama has MASSIVE leads in important battle ground states (WI, MN, PA, MI). At this point, all Obama needs to do is win Colorado, Nevada, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Virginia, or North Carolina. And ONE of those and Obama is the president. And he currently leads by a large amount in VA, and marginally in Nevada, Colorado, Florida and Ohio.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000