2008 General Election Discussion Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I don't care either, but it was a pretty dishonest ad.

Yes, it was. Obama has had a few more that have stretched or distorted the truth ("100 years" was definitely taken out of context and made out to be more than it really was). I think some of McCain's ads blow anything Obama has done out of the water, though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
Yes, it was. Obama has had a few more that have stretched or distorted the truth ("100 years" was definitely taken out of context and made out to be more than it really was). I think some of McCain's ads blow anything Obama has done out of the water, though.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/hend...ns-hundred.html

Did anybody watch the charity dinner Obama and McCain went to? It was pretty funny. I missed McCain's bit but my wife told me he was funny, I have to catch it later.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/al_smith_dinner

I lol'd at the part when Obama was making fun of his first name saying it's Swahili for "that one," and that his middle name "was picked by somebody who obviously never thought he'd run for president." Then he said he'd have to be honest and that they'd be hearing some October surprises about him, that his middle name was actually Steve, not Hussein.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
Did anybody watch the charity dinner Obama and McCain went to? It was pretty funny. I missed McCain's bit but my wife told me he was funny, I have to catch it later.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/al_smith_dinner

I lol'd at the part when Obama was making fun of his first name, and that his middle name "was picked by somebody who obviously never thought he'd run for president." Then he said he'd have to be honest and that they'd be hearing some October surprises about him, that his middle name was actually Steve, not Hussein.

Yea both candidates were hilarious.

There was a point in my life when I started palling around with a pretty ugly crowd. I've got to be honest. These guys were serious deadbeats. They were lowlifes, they were unrepentant, no-good punks. That's right. I've been a member of the United States Senate. Come to think of it, John, I swear I saw you at one of our meetings.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:25 AM)
GOP typically are. Bush v. Gore/Kerry? come on now.

Gore in 2000, ok. But Gore post election? Come on, that man rocks. He's done futurama guest spots for peat's sake!

Although with GWB, some of it is unintentional hilarity. Fool me once, shame on, shame on you....10 second pause, fool you can't get fooled again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
Gore in 2000, ok. But Gore post election? Come on, that man rocks. He's done futurama guest spots for peat's sake!

Although with GWB, some of it is unintentional hilarity. Fool me once, shame on, shame on you....10 second pause, fool you can't get fooled again.

classic.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
Yes, it was. Obama has had a few more that have stretched or distorted the truth ("100 years" was definitely taken out of context and made out to be more than it really was).

No it wasn't.

Can anyone give me a dishonest Obama ad besides the immigration one?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Still amazing how many conservatives are endorsing Obama. Philly right-wing talk show host Michael Smerconish came out today in favor of Barack as well as those two National Review writers.

Smerconish doesnt necessarily surprise me. I've seen him a lot on MSNBC and he's talked about Obama glowingly. Not that they agree on everything, but he has always liked him.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
there are a fair amount of conservatives ready to throw in the towel in order to blow the whole thing up and start over. Not a large amount, but they are out there. Some days that includes me.

I look forward to the 2012 fight between the Huckabee Religious Conservatives and the Romney Big Business Conservatives.