2008 General Election Discussion Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
absentee/ early voting, right?

that is what is going to be hard to figure, in my opinion.

although.... I wonder if pollsters might be working early voting locations.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
I should note, I'll have my laptop ready to go on election night with SoxTalk open and my exit poll spread sheet ready to go. As soon as I fill in the data on my end, it'll be posted here.

Pfft. Some Obama fan you are staying at home.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
You like SUSA, AHB?

Obama +12 in PA.

yea, sow that earlier. Pretty much confirms every other poll this month that shows Obama up double digits. PA is over in my opinion. This idea that McCain is pulling out of CO to go all in in PA is just dumb.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I have a good excuse... newborn. lol

I told my wife we are on a spending freeze, I dont think train tickets or downtown parking is going to fly with her.

Congrats on the newborn. Trying to convince my wife that we should name our first born Bigsqwert Hussein.

Has anyone come across these articles suggesting law enforcement agencies across America are embracing for civil unrest? Ie, if Obama loses and people riot?

This much is guaranteed -- if Obama loses, the one place in the world I wouldn't want to be is a McCain supporter in Grant Park.

It should be a fun time watching rioting occur across America, doesn't anyone else think so? This alone should be reason enough to vote for McCain. When's the last time we've seen a good old fashioned city wide riot? It has been too long, I'll tell you that much.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

So apparently Drudge is being desperate.

100 point type on his website, with no sourcing

SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

Horror crept through my skull.

Turns out she was mugged at an ATM and the mugger mentioned her McCain bumper sticker.

PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, police said.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

This mugging is horrible, awful, reprehensible. But I doubt it has much to do with anything about an election.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Indeed. What a wonderful reason to elect someone the leader of the free world.

Well, I do enjoy watching people do crazy things; and it appears an Obama defeat may guarantee this.

So....

GO MCCAIN/PALIN!

Something I just thought of:

Bob Barr is from Georgia. High African American turnout will make Georgia a near tie between Obama and McCain. Barr is bound to get a nice percentage of votes. Even if he only gets 5%, that MIGHT be enough votes away from McCain to move Obama ahead.

The CNN/Time poll has 98% voting for McCain or Obama. That poll has McCain at 53%. If 5% shifted to Barr, It's McCain 48%, Obama 47%.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

I see Obama's supporters really took his suggestion of "Get in people's faces".

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
a 100% chance they would be murdered.

Oh please. I was at a Raiders playoff game against the Jets a few years ago at Oakland. There was one person in the stadium wearing a Jets jersey and he sat near us. He lived...I think.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
Oh please. I was at a Raiders playoff game against the Jets a few years ago at Oakland. There was one person in the stadium wearing a Jets jersey and he sat near us. He lived...I think.

Dude, they are trying to get you riled up.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
IBD/ TIPP has the race at Obama +1.1. Don't worry, Obama supporters. Something is very, very wrong with their model.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/wha...e.html#comments

"IBD/TIPP is applying a very stringent likely voter model that removes you from the sample if you haven't voted in the past two elections, which would rule a great number of 18-24 year olds out."

WOW! yea, that's a little ridiculous. That would even factor out those who voted for the first time in 2004.

FYI: Hugh Hewitt is on CNN right now using the poll as proof the race is very close.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I just got my first political poll phone call ever. 2 minutes. very local focus.

It was basically age, liberal / moderate / conservative, party identification, likelihood of voting, Obama or McCain, Paul Froelich or Anita Anita Forte-Scott

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
I just got my first political poll phone call ever. 2 minutes. very local focus.

It was basically age, liberal / moderate / conservative, party identification, likelihood of voting, Obama or McCain, Paul Froelich or Anita Anita Forte-Scott

I hope you're not part of that Bradley Effect. ;)