HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting tidbit I found on MSNBC's election Q&A:

Has a president-elect ever died before taking the oath of office and, if so, how was that situation handled?

No, that has never happened. The closest it has come to happening was on Feb. 13, 1933, when a former bricklayer and transient Giuseppe Zangara fired shots at President-elect Franklin Roosevelt just after he finished giving a speech in Miami.

Zangara missed Roosevelt, but one of his shots hit Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak, who subsequently died from his wounds.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
Showing that they are there to watch and make sure that people who want to vote can vote.

There are a million arguments you can make.

In the video CC just posted in the Pather thread he claims to be security. Anything is possible.

It's infuriating to read this kind of stuff in this day and age:

VIRGINIA: Dozens of polling places are experiencing varying degrees of machine malfunctions. Some polling places are either completely closed or have been closed for hours. Thousands of voters may have been turned away illegally by polling workers. Voters have illegally been issued with provisional ballets where machines have been broken.

Students at Virginia Tech, previously the victims of misinformation, have seen their polling place suddenly and unexpectedly moved six miles to a location with little parking.

PENNSYLVANIA: Voting machine malfunctions are widespread and at least a dozen locations, mainly focused on Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Election Protection has received reports of campaign materials being illegally distributed at polling locations in Pittsburgh. Voters across the state are reporting that they never received their absentee ballots, which is creating additional chaos at the polls.

Several other states like Florida, Ohio, Colorado and Michigan are reporting long lines due to problems with registration lists and poll locations.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
Attempting to sway voters to vote the way they want them to.

I see what you're trying to say, though since they weren't stopping anyone from voting I don't agree with it.

Anybody whose vote is actually swayed by that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Anybody whose vote is actually swayed by that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Does the same apply for any dumbass that belives it when they get a flier that says because og high voter turnout republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats vote on Wednesday?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
Does the same apply for any dumbass that belives it when they get a flier that says because og high voter turnout republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats vote on Wednesday?

Uncalled for. Seriously.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)

I would say yes, but then I would have to say that people are stupid, which would be universal logic that would make me lose faith in democracy.