Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Cabrera airmailed it. A good throw would have had Jones out. Are you even watching the game?

I think Cabrera's just about the most overrated defensive player I've ever seen....but no throw was going to get home. Meanwhile, Toby Hall continues his run as the worst player in Sox history.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
Cabrera airmailed it. A good throw would have had Jones out. Are you even watching the game?

Yes, actually I am. The throw was off, yes, but he wasn't going to get Jones out anyway. And you can't airmail a throw if it doesn't make the target. Thats my point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
I think Cabrera's just about the most overrated defensive player I've ever seen....but no throw was going to get home. Meanwhile, Toby Hall continues his run as the worst player in Sox history.

I still think its so awesome that it took two meetings for him to convince Kenny not to cut him.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
so.. where do you put Swisher?

If BA was really going to start, you'd have to either take out Konerko and play Swisher at 1B, or sit Thome and let Konerko DH... neither of which makes any sense right now. Since Quentin looks like he'll be raking, it really just kind of sucks to be Brian Anderson right now.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Yes, actually I am. The throw was off, yes, but he wasn't going to get Jones out anyway. And you can't airmail a throw if it doesn't make the target. Thats my point.

Would you prefer the term dieing quail?

Hopefully Anderson gets some playing time when Ozzie gives Dye, PK, and Thome a rest. It's still the first week, but it sure looks like Anderson will get sent down when Owens comes back. And good grief, Cabrera has no bat speed.