Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)
You know, today's a day where it kind of sucks that we went with Masset and MMac, because Dotel and Linebrink have pitched the last couple games, and it'd be nice to be able to have another righty setup man we are willing to count on with a 2 run lead to pass it over to the closer.

Great point

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
You know, today's a day where it kind of sucks that we went with Masset and MMac, because Dotel and Linebrink have pitched the last couple games, and it'd be nice to be able to have another righty setup man we are willing to count on with a 2 run lead to pass it over to the closer.

makes you wonder when that's going to catch up with them

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Based on his spring training, I never would have guessed Dye would start the year so hot.

Especially for a perennial slow-starter.

Linebrink on for the Sox.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)

Good point. Wasserman would like a lot nicer than Mac.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Great point

Oh God no...Fathom and I are agreeing! Argh!

Seriously, if MMac could be counted on at all, yesterday or today would have been great games to use him to save some of the other guys. 2 and 3 run leads going in to the 8th, it'd be so nice to spread out the RHP releivers.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)

Well Masset ended up sparing the pen in the first game and pitched well. MMac is useless, and he's being paid more.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Oh God no...Fathom and I are agreeing! Argh!

Seriously, if MMac could be counted on at all, yesterday or today would have been great games to use him to save some of the other guys. 2 and 3 run leads going in to the 8th, it'd be so nice to spread out the RHP releivers.

Would be great if Thornton could get it straightened out. That would be a huge lift for the BP and this season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
Dye had me scared coming in to the season because he looked so bad in the last week of ST. Man he showed me.

That's a big club Balta. I was ready to go another direction....I stand corrected. Maybe the youth has sparked JD somewhat.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
Based on his spring training, I never would have guessed Dye would start the year so hot.

Especially because he usually never starts the year hot.