Buehrle (0-0) vs. Verlander (0-0)- KEEP IT UP!!

TitoMB345

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Not good BA, not good at all...

anxious. everyone else was hitting, he wanted to too, and with only 2 chances all year it gets your nerves up.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
I know its not a popular opinion on this board, but i still stay it is the dumbest thing in the world that crede and fields can't exist on the same team long term. i dont understand the huge push to get rid of crede. i know he is coming of surgery and who is agent is but there is no one who has hit more big hits then joe in the last five years on this team.

Where's he gonna play?

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
also. i am a fan of BA but for how quickly this board turns on certain players it is amazing how much slack Anderson gets on this board for basically failing at the plate ever time he has a chance.

What are you talking about... he's had 2 ABs all year, there isn't even any slack to give him

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
Where's he gonna play?

You never know what can happen. Sox could get a tremendous offer for Konerko or move Dye in the off-season. You just never know. I'm not saying it will happen but there are always options that may not be around today that end up showing up. Plus injuries are a part of the game and can pop up and when that happens you have a guy to call up who can play OF/1B/3B (albeit none of them above average defensively).

After the home opener I wouldn't be opposed to giving Dye a day off (with BA playing CF, Swisher sliding over, and Quentin playing RF). I think the Sox need to be aware of Dye's age and make sure to keep him fresh (need to do the same with Thome).

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
13-2, and only use 1 RP... NICE! Tigers are 0-6.. NO ONE thought that. They have to play at Boston next too, haha.

Boston, us, Minny, Cleveland, Toronto

in other words - rough.

:)

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
also. i am a fan of BA but for how quickly this board turns on certain players it is amazing how much slack Anderson gets on this board for basically failing at the plate ever time he has a chance.

dude really never got a full season. he also plays a flawless centerfield.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
What are you talking about... he's had 2 ABs all year, there isn't even any slack to give him

I'm not saying he has had a good chance this year but he had an entire year in 2006 and several months in 2007 and couldnt get in done. I hope more than anyone that BA can turn it around. I'm just saying that some people here are quick to defend him and quick to jump on others.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
anyone miss chris carter?

Carter is an above average prospect, but Quentin is an even better prospect (just as much power potential or at least close to as much with his other tools being better than Carter's). The only difference is Quentin was more ML ready and played a position of need, while Carter was more raw and played 1B (which is an easier position to fill than any position in baseball, imo).