Your first place Chicago White Sox!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
indeed it does

a little 7 game winning streak or so would help out a lot, because Minny may be able to make up a few games playing KC. Just hope Tampa finds some way to get hot over the next week, and hopefully Longoria will be back in the lineup for the series. I also believe they will face Kazmir so that sounds nice to me too.

It's going to be a grind down the stretch.

A 7 game win streak right now would almost assuredly put the division in the bag.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 10:20 AM)
Hmm,

both corner infielders - Out

corner outfielder - Out

team MVP and possible league mvp - Out

team captain - Out

Let's hope baseball truly is played "up the middle" :bringit :gosox1:

This post has been flagged by The Department of Redundancy Department.

One of those corner infielders is also team captain.

The corner outfielder is also the possible league MVP.

You are found GUILTY of trying to make two scenarios seem like four scenarios.

Punishment - DEATH BY HANGING.....TWICE!!!!

[/green with a green background]

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
This post has been flagged by The Department of Redundancy Department.

One of those corner infielders is also team captain.

The corner outfielder is also the possible league MVP.

You are found GUILTY of trying to make two scenarios seem like four scenarios.

Punishment - DEATH BY HANGING.....TWICE!!!!

[/green with a green background]

I plead guilty as charged. :lol: But seriously kudos for knowing which player filled which double role. ;)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 07:44 AM)
81-65, +1 over MIN

13 games remain.

We need breathing room.

And we will not be getting any breathing room. Neither team has enough to deliver a knock out punch. I'm picturing a final weekend series with CQ, Joe, and Paulie all bandaged up with crutches, wheelchairs coming out like some Civil War fife and drum team.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 06:50 AM)
And we will not be getting any breathing room. Neither team has enough to deliver a knock out punch. I'm picturing a final weekend series with CQ, Joe, and Paulie all bandaged up with crutches, wheelchairs coming out like some Civil War fife and drum team.
But, we could still win the division. Then we still have to play for the pennant and the world series if we win the Al pennant. We will have to play the world series.. I think then we can call in sick.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
If we can pick up that .5 and have 2 games up going in to MN, I'd feel better.

They won't play that last game unless there is a half game between the Sox and Twins after the regular season is over. The the Tigers and Sox come to Chicago to play a game to determine if there will be a playoff game between Chicago and Minnesota at USCF the next day.

Sox beat Yanks 6-2 . Stopper Gavin Floyd pitched 7 manly innings. The win was Floyd's 16th of the season which leads the White Sox and 6th win in his last 7 decisions. Twinkies lose in extras 12-9 after the Indians blew an 8-1 lead. Sox increased their lead in the A.L. Central to 2.5 games . Currently 1-1 on final 10 game road trip. 7-7 in September. Paul Konerko back tonight after about a week off from a knee injury had an RBI double.

The game also featured Derek Jeter passing Lou Gehrig on the all-time hit list at Yankee Stadium. That record will never be broken since this is the last year for the historic ballpark. :gosox3:

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 07:47 AM)
And 3 in the loss column which is really all that matters with 12 to play (and possibly 11 if we don't have to play the makeup against Det)

I just saw the on top of the paper that the magic number is at 10. Hopefully Tampa Bay helps out a ton and the Sox take care of some business against KC. That Cleveland series is NOT going to be easy for the Sox

This thread keeps falling to the second page now that there's a magic number thread. This one got us to where we are now so I'm sticking with this one. Magic # now 9 after Sox lose to Yanks tonight 5-1 wasting a very good start by Clayton Ricard. Tribe manged to hold on and beat the Twins again 6-4.

Tommorows game is huge. With the Twins up in Tampa this is our time to gain ground before heading into the biggest series of the year. My goal is to be ahead 3.5 games heading up to Minny. If thats the case all we would have to do is win one game in Minny and one game vs the Tribe @ Home to clinch.